Led tail light bulb

Hi Gary, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

Not a Triglide, but I use them on my FLRT Freewheeler

They are brighter than stock bulbs, draw less amperage and will last longer

You will probably have to sync it to your BCM by turning the ignition on and running the 4 ways for a minute or 2

These are available every where

71ky1Xq6OLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

You will probably have to sync it to your BCM by turning the ignition on and running the 4 ways for a minute or 2

The new tri Glide uses a bayonet lug filament bulb and the 1157 bulb is supposed to be a plug and play for it. I want to add a flasher for my brake lights but you need to have LED bulbs. To change both tail light assemblies would cost about 1K. So I thought if I could change only the bulbs then maybe the flashing module would work with them.

The new tri Glide uses a bayonet lug filament bulb and the 1157 bulb is supposed to be a plug and play for it. I want to add a flasher for my brake lights but you need to have LED bulbs. To change both tail light assemblies would cost about 1K. So I thought if I could change only the bulbs then maybe the flashing module would work with them.

Gary.....What Trike do you own......Your profile says you are looking for a trike..???

I own a 2022 Tri Glide Ultra

The stock bulb is a 3157 K. this is pretty much the same as a 3157 bulb, but a few lumen s brighter, therefore the Sylvania 3157R bulbs will work

The 3157K bulb has been used for a number of years on HD trikes now

I have replaced 3 sets of these on 17-21 models already with no problems

Get a set of these, they have flasher built in, flash 3 times then steady. Note, some of the LED bulbs are directional (diode) so if they do not light, try reversing the bulb in the socket.

I have these on my 2019 Trike and they work just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F9JXWT2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 110677

I went to Amazon to order these and their website says it does not fit my 2021 Tri Glide. If the 3157 is a replacement for the stock then I would think these would work. May just get the ones at AutoZone but would really like the ALLA. Can someone please verify that the ALLA really do fit the 2021 Tri Glide.

I went to Amazon to order these and their website says it does not fit my 2021 Tri Glide. If the 3157 is a replacement for the stock then I would think these would work. May just get the ones at AutoZone but would really like the ALLA. Can someone please verify that the ALLA really do fit the 2021 Tri Glide.

if they are ones in Kool Breeze's post; they worked just fine on my 21 TG. They were plug and play on my bike.

Sylvania like others have not updated their web sites for 21 and newer models

These bulbs all will work on these models, tho you may still have to run your 4 ways for a minute or two for the canbus system BCM to recognise the change

You may set a DTC that you can easily clear also following this link you can look up most codes and scrolling down you can see how to read and clear the codes

https://www.wilkinsharley.com/--Checking-Trouble-Codes-2019-Harley-Davidsons

I switched my 2020 Freewheeler from the stock bulbs to the Sylvania "super bright" leds. It was a bit of an improvement.

Then I went to the Eagle units. Night and day difference.

Can someone please verify that the ALLA really do fit the 2021 Tri Glide.

Received these in the mail this morn. I put them in and yes indeed, they do fit perfectly. I love the way they flash when hitting the brakes, kinda have a strange flash for turn signals though. THEN, I turned up the volume on my radio. So much static it made the music hard to understand. Yea, serious static, and got much worse with turn signals applied, or brakes. They would work great for anyone not desiring to use the radio, for me, they came out and stock bulbs went back in. Don't know what I'm going to do with the ALLA bulbs but I can say they will not be going back on my '21 trike.

Received these in the mail this morn. I put them in and yes indeed, they do fit perfectly. I love the way they flash when hitting the brakes, kinda have a strange flash for turn signals though. THEN, I turned up the volume on my radio. So much static it made the music hard to understand. Yea, serious static, and got much worse with turn signals applied, or brakes. They would work great for anyone not desiring to use the radio, for me, they came out and stock bulbs went back in. Don't know what I'm going to do with the ALLA bulbs but I can say they will not be going back on my '21 trike.

Unfortunately this is a common issue with the "cheaper" LEDs. They produce a lot more noise due to weak EMI suppression. That's why I went with all Custom Dynamics in mine. If I had've went cheaper, with as many as I have added, I probably wouldn't be able to use my phone either. I just watched for sales or built up points at JP to get all of mine or used Harley gift cards I have been given. Sometimes it really is buy once, cry once.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png