Passenger Audio Controller

Jul 26, 2011
Waller, TX, USA
My GL-1500 has the J&M Passenger Controls built into the seat. It is a small panel set into the pocket cover on the left side. Evidently there are a few loose wires because sometimes it works and other times it doesn't, and when it isn't, sometimes it will work if you put the right sideways pressure on the volume knob. I have done some research into a replacement, and it seems this type of control isn't made, supplied or supported anymore. J&M tells me it hasn't been available for "several years." The current replacement unit is an add-on that attaches to the grab handle and supposedly connects to the existing wiring harness somewhere under the seat. The J&M part number for the controller is PSCR-GL15.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has installed one of these and how that went. Are they correct when they say it attaches to the existing harness with no splicing or modifications? What happens when I disconnect the current control? I.e. are there any issues that arise because it is out of the circuit? How difficult is it to remove the seat?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

There are two screws in each grab handle remove those and the seat will come off.Be careful when reinstalling they are pretty easy to strip.RIDE SAFE

If you are handy with a soldering gun you can fix that J & M controller.

Just replace the pot. I just modified the Factory passenger control to allow my wife to have full range of control.

Go to GL1800riders.com and do a search for "passenger control modification". You'll find the part # for a "mouser electronics" pot. Only have to solder 4 wires..........

Thanks for the tips and the help. However, I finally traded the 1500 for a 2008 GL1800 with <2,000 miles on it. I'll let the new owner worry about the passenger controller. :)

To anyone that has the 1500 I can give you instruction on how to have rear CB radio push to talk and up and down rear seat radio Station control for about $10.00

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png