Trade or not to Trade?

tis

Dec 27, 2008
West Falls, N.Y.
I'm sure we all reach a point where we have to make that decision. It's kind of strange that when we have put all the work & add ons to your Trike you start to think its the right time to trade it in. Recently I was at that point, but after seeing what they offer on the trade & knowing what I had into the Trike I opted to keep my Trike and do some upgrading. Since I had already done the "Big Bore" route I decided on a set of high performance heads which I would have to have diamond cut to match my cylinders, high compression pistons, push rods, a set of cams, & a bunch of other goodies, which would also include new oil cooler & temp. guage. Since I was this far into the engine I replaced anything that had any sign of wear, I feel that I now have my Trike all freshened up for the future. It's strange but I've been at this point many times before, you get to a certain time with your snowmobile,bike,car, where you have done all this upgrades & decide it's time to trade & then you start all over again. This time I decided with all the upgrades I would have to do with a new Trike, I would keep what I had & go from there. Now I'm looking forward to some great rides...Tis

I was considering the same thing. (Trading my Valk in for a Wing). I've also decided to keep my Valk Trike for all of the same reasons you mentioned.

I have almost every option I can think of on my present trike and just finished putting a new, more refined, exhaust system on her. I'd really wind up taking a bath on a trade and even if I were to sell her privately for more money, I'd still be in the hole for at least 10 grand. With retirement right around the corner, spending that kind of money really doesn't make any sense while I still have the Valk.

You nailed it Tis!! I thought about selling or trading this spring in favor of a new trike but any way I plan it I'm gonna have to pay an additional $10,000 or so. I could have bought a new Camero for what I have invested in the Copperhead so far. I'm thinking I'll just keep what I have and have my dealer drop a JIMS 131 in the frame next winter and sell my 103 engine to help defray some expense. Better than a new trike and still save a few grand!!! Or........I'll just leave her the way she is.....I've grown pretty fond of her!!

The urge to tinker with anything to either improve its looks and/or its performance is the American way (not that I'm calling Memnoch unpatriotic). Once you're pretty much done it's common to get something new and start the process all over again.
If I go too long without buying something for one of my bikes, I feel like I'm neglecting them. I'm sure my thinks she'd get a lot more attention if just had wheels instead of feet.

Think long and hard about trading. Living in NY you know we don't get a whole lot of riding time. Is it worth it to shell out alot of money on a new trike right now? Can't say it's worth it unless it's a really great deal or you really, want it, can't live with out it. I'm having mixed feelings about my new Trike sitting in my garage waiting for the warmer weather especially with every loan payment and insurance payment I make.

Sad part about the whole process is when you do opt for a new Trike you start out all over again personalizing to your specs. . Thats why I decided to keep my Trike & do the upgrades I wanted. I love my Trike & it's really sharp......Tis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png