Australia's beautiful Koala- photos

Well we did have the thrill of a visitor for Australia day.

Debbie my wife rushed inside to call out for me to come quick. And there she was- a koala at the top corner of our land.

Grab camera.

She climbed under our gate (from the sheep paddock) and walked along the fenceline to our dam and climbed a small gum tree.

What a thrill..

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0063-1.jpg

IMG_0066-1.jpg

IMG_0071-1.jpg

Koala's dont drink water unless under extreme thrist. They get all their moisture from gum trees. They are timid and get run over because they are blinded by headlights. And regardless of some belief they are not a bear.

What a wonderful treat!!! Thank you for the pictures :D I've always thought Koalas were about the cutest creatures on earth.

They are rare to be walking on the ground. they spend most of their time in trees as they have sharp claws for climbing and they snooze all day. The gum leaves makes them high!!!! (true)

At night they get hit easily. We hit one on our trike 2 years ago. broke its back. Took it to a refuge and they put it down the next day...rear wheel got him, couldnt swerve enough.

They are cute. Some tourist places here that you can cuddle them and get your photo taken. Japanese tourists love that.

I think the Chinese panda in particular the red panda are cute also.

So we see them say one a month on the road at night. If you actually go looking for them you will likely find them but otherwise they are elusive creatures.

Great photos,Mate. What a thrill to have that visitor.

We go camping occasionally at Sheep Station Creek Camp Ground ( how Ozzie is that ) in the Border Ranges National Park. Between Queensland and New South Wales. The camp is quite isolated and just accessible if taken carefully by normal vehicles.
The camp is surrounded by very tall gum trees. The area is a koala habitat. At night the koalas get very active up in the trees. They grunt and snarl all night, it's a territorial dominance thing.
It sounds like something out of a monster movie. Add to that things moving about in the thick undergrowth and it makes for an interesting night.

We used to host Japanese exchange students and often took them there.
You want to see kangaroos and koalas ? We can do that.
Some took a lot of convincing that they would be safe.
Beautiful creatures, in zoos trained to be friendly but in the bush don't try to touch one.

Those climbing claws can rip you to shreds if they feel threatened.

NICE Pics.....my Wife really, really loves Koalas....She has lotsa' "Koala based knick knacks" through the house.....Thanks for sharin' the Pics and the Info.....ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png