Personal Musings and Opinions on Triking.....

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Well, this coming May 4th will put me at the 2 years and 30,000+ miles of ridin' a Trike marker...April 4th will put me at the 42 year mark of Motorcycle/Scooter/Trike Ridin' marker ridin' between 14,000 to 42,000 miles per year. Needless to say, I'm a "Real Addict". These musings and opinions in this Thread only apply to my foray into the Triking World.....

I will always have a Trike, no matter what other two wheelers are, or are not in my Bike Garage. I'm totally sold on em', and the sheer FUN I've had has waaaay exceeded my expectations...!!!

"Above" Statement applies to my Wife Mitzie also...!!!

I'm glad that lotsa' Younger Trikers are comin' into the Sport also, de-bunking the "myth" that You had to be "old" and/or "handicapped" to move "down" (...I'm thoroughly convinced Trikes are a move "UP" in the Cycle World now) to a Trike. I would like to give some Kudos here to the "Can Am Folks" too for Their Great TV Commercials and Ads depicting younger Riders out on Can Am Trikes with large grins on Their faces. Whether You're a Fan of the Can Ams or not, personally, I think the Machines and Their Company have had a really, really positive affect(s) on the Trike Sport overall, and it's much larger acceptance by the Biker Community...!!!

Yes, Trikes can be made to handle as well, if not better than "most" of the 2-wheel Cruiser Motorcycles, and if the "different" Ride techniques required in Trike Riding are mastered, the total feeling, fun, and exhuberance is totally the same. I enjoy Trike Riding more than 2-wheeler Riding now...a statement I never would have believed I would have said before Trike Ownership...!!!

Do I feel safer on a Trike...."YES", in "MOST" situations...not all, but if averaged out, the Trike's PROS and CONS vs Those of my 2-wheelers, move it into the Number One Slot in this Catagory...!!!

Personal Likes and Dislikes of Trike Riding....Let's start with the Dislikes:

.....OK, now that we have that outa' the way, let's move on to Likes:

(1) TRIKE TALK Forum and It's Members and Staff (2) Comfort (3) Stability (4) The Trike's Ability to draw "Non-Rider" Questions and Interest (5) Increased Visibility to the "Car Driving Public" (6) The "Less Competitive Nature" of "most" of the Trike Rider Community vs "most" of the Motorcycle Rider Community...besides "How Fast Someone Is" is such a relative and totally useless factor of Road Riding (7) All of the various Suspension and Body Types offered by Builders, both Company Type and Independents...I'm a "Suspension Addict" anyway comin' from a Racing Background (8) The Many, Many Variations of Trike Owners...a Real "Melting Pot" of Great Folks (9) Finally have a Valid, Workable, Authentic Reason(s) to get to use Great Lookin' Raked Trees on a Motorcycle...have owned em' on 2-wheelers, but rode, handled, and felt awful (10) I can ride a Trike on into my "Twilight Years" much easier than a 2-wheeler, keepin' me into the Sport I've spent my whole Adult (...OK, the Term "Adult" is questionable when referring to me) Life pursuing and enjoying

Well, just a "Little Wintertime Rambling".....Hope to meet and ride with most of You in the future, and truely wish it was possible to ride with ALL of You. To Those I've Met, THANK YOU for making my Trike Life enjoyable to the Maximum....to the Ones of You I haven't met yet, but someday will, STAY SAFE, ENJOY YOUR TRIKES, and See You Eventually out there on the Road, and be sure, if possible, to attend this year's TRIKE TALK RALLY IN THE VALLEY V in Maggie Valley, North Carolina...You'll be glad You did...and I can bore You in person with "SKUUTERMUSINGS".....:D ThumbUp ;)

Thanks Skuutter, enjoyed the encouraging atricle and the truthfulness of your blog.
I've found that I have enjoyed triking more with my wife and friends than the earlier years of two wheeling.
Look forward to meeting you and others on TT in the future.

greetings from Australia skuuter. thanks fro your inspirational story. I am probably your age and only just beginning to become an "ADULT" i guess it is all the broken bones and other collected stories along my road less travelled which brings my maturity. I am currently still riding a two wheeler 9and probably will continue to do so) but am almsot 905 convinced my wife will move from get a sidecar to get a trike.
We are toying with the possibility of coming to America, buying a Yamaha Roadliner and adding a CSC Vantage kit.
This will be later in the year or early next year if that's how we decide to go. That Vantage kit really appeals to my "hot rod" love.
wrinkly

I thought the only time you had to be or act adult is if you were pulled over by the local law enforcement folks for possibly exceeding the speed limit?
Great read, my wife and I both enjoy triking way more than 2 wheeling.....though it is missed.

Great read. Your observations are "Spot on".
I've always prefered big bikes and mainly tourers. After a health issue I lost the confidence to handle a big bike in all conditions. Had many sidecar outfits but a trike is a true joy to ride. Can't see me ever changing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png