Trike rear bumper

I was wondering if they make rear bumpers for the triglide other then the chrome ones? i saw a pic the other day soemplace and it looked like it was a black bumper. probley a good idea to have one put on huh? thanks , steve

The chrome one was the 1st thing I added when I found out about it. Saves me backing into stuff and scratching the paint. Can always spray paint it black.

We have a limited amount of space in our garage and have to pull the golf cart up close behing the TR. The bumper is very helpful in that situation.

PC

Just installed the chrome bumper. Easy to install four bolts to remove, installed four new longer ones, removing one at a time, little blue loclite, put bumper in inplace, install four washer and lock nuts, done. About 30 to 45 minutes... Looks great too. Harley shop wanted $82 to install. You will need a car to bring the part home....

Just installed the chrome bumper. Easy to install four bolts to remove, installed four new longer ones, removing one at a time, little blue loclite, put bumper in inplace, install four washer and lock nuts, done. About 30 to 45 minutes... Looks great too. Harley shop wanted $82 to install. You will need a car to bring the part home....

I brought mine home on the rack on the tour pack, :)
Just like said above, easy installation. I would think chrome would hold up just as well against the golf car. I have the same problem....

I was wondering if they make rear bumpers for the triglide other then the chrome ones? i saw a pic the other day soemplace and it looked like it was a black bumper. probley a good idea to have one put on huh? thanks , steve
there is one on ebay black for sale.

can some one give me the part # for the Harley rear bumper as I can't seem to find it anywhere, I want one to put on my new 2013 Tri-Guide.
thanks

The part number is:

Chrome Rear Guard-83825-09A

Part Number 83825-09A

Found in rear end components in the decorative trim section of the HD parts catalog. $219.95

this Part # for Chrome Rear Guard-83825-09A says it is for just the 09 & 10, will it still fit my 13? I see the one on Ebay and will wait until I know if that really will fit my 13. thanks

I did that and I see that it says 09 and later trikes but on the chart it just show 09 & 10.
everything else I have looked up shows the 13 trike but this one didn't so it left me wondering

I did that and I see that it says 09 and later trikes but on the chart it just show 09 & 10.
everything else I have looked up shows the 13 trike but this one didn't so it left me wondering
Call you local dealer and ask there service dept if you are unsure..Piece of mind ..Give them a try..

The bumper was something i got with my 'deal' on the bike. I installed ( Along with cable adj. driver seat rest) . I figured with a motorcycle that backs up and an expensive trunk....I wanted a bumper! :)
Kuryakyn has a set of rear bumper TRIMS that run along bottom and curl up over bar where it attaches to bottom brackets. I put one on, new, not in catalog yet.

Steve, I don't know if you ordered anything yet, but I was looking thru some car magazines yesterday and saw a collection of tube bumpers & nerf bars for street rods, I realized that with a little fabrication I could create a rear bumper for my TG no one else would have. If you or some of your friends have some fab skills I bet you could have your own custom bumper. One of the things I thought about was making a bumper that would be wide enough to protect the back of the rear fenders, with all the different size & style tubes it would not be big & bogus looking. The center section could be as wide as the trunk area and 2 smaller sections for the rear of the fenders, but not to the outside edge. I think it would look better being a little shorter and you wouldn't be hitting the end of the bumper when walking around the rear corner of the TG.
Sorry if this is a little long winded, I'm designing mine while I'm typing this, it will be my winter project for my TG. :D I will be filling for a design patent tomorrow. :laugh:

They look great will get one as soon as I think I can slip it past the wife. She thinks I have an accessories habit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png