Auxillary gas tank

I am going to put a second fuel tank on our RSV trike and would like some input from owners with a second tank.

When you have, say, 1/2 a tank do you notice any weight shift from sloshing fuel ? Does your tank have baffles ? I ask because when I build the tank I'm wondering if I need baffles or foam in the tank.

If I get lucky and hit the lotto I'll buy the $745 factory tank, otherwise I can't afford it.

Never noticed any sloshing fuel......... This is the way I use the auxilliary fuel tank. The main tank holds 6 gallons, and the auxilliary tank holds 5 gallons (advertised as 4 gallons). When the low fuel indicator comes on, I transfer fuel from the auxilliary fuel tank until the fuel gauge shows full. Then, I turn the pump off. IMPORTANT NOT TO FORGET THE PUMP ON, OR GAS WILL OVERFLOW ALL OVER YOUR TANK! The auxilliary fuel tank appears to have an irregular shape inside, which may provide some baffling. Never hear or feel anything from the rear.

Why not check your local stock car sites for a useable fuel cell, they come in all shapes and sizes and usually cheap for a used one. And most will have foam in them to keep the fuel from sloshing around.

I really having noticed any sloshing fuel at all. I do the same as LEO. When the low fuel indicator comes on I used the AUX then shut it off when filled.

I have been considering adding an extra tank to my motor trike and have been looking around on this site and others and found a link to this tank. Now I need to figure out what kind of pump and where to mount.

Tank

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png