Purchased New Tri Glide Today

Marv1' congrats. Hey, your's looks like mine. I pick mine up Friday. I've already installed the hwy pegs that were on my Ultra. I'm waiting for the bumper, chrome fender strips, sundowner seat and backrest. Also order the heated grips. Would you believe the dealer didn't have any of those items. By the way, if you haven't already, buy your parts at Harley-Davidson® Parts and Accessories. Very good discount.

Congratulations, you are going to love it. We picked ours up in Sept. Good choice on the color also. I'm sure we will see you on the road sometime.

Sam and Carol

Marv, also picked up the same color TG bout 5 weeks ago. Added a bumper and tour pak rack. I'd planned to get a black tour pak rack then wound up buying the chrome one instead. I think the black one would have looked better, if you're interested.

Are ya satisfied with the sound of the stock exhaust? Have been riding long enough I don't need everybody to look at me. The stock exhaust grumble is pretty decent, IMHO.

Phu Cat

Congrats, what a coincidence, you bought the exact same color as mine - - - - -and a whole lot of others. :) You're going to love it - I sure am. Bought mine in November after much thought since I just bought a 2010 Limited only a year and a half earlier.
So far I've installed the parts from it to the Tri Glide including the Zepplin air seat, HogTunes Ultra speaker/amp setup with woofers in the lowers(unbelievable sound), highway pegs, floor board extenders, heated grips, tour pak rear light guard rail, tour pak lid organizer, auxilery saddlebags(dealer installed crooked-still have ongoing battle with them), rear mirror extenders.
I have bought but haven't installed yet - rear bumper, H-D Fatshotz mufflers, SE stage 1 A/C, Race Tuner, lift kit and tour pac spacer, Rear Hyper Lite setup.

I think that will be all I'll do ;)

I ride every Sunday - weather permitting. I rode this Sunday out to Lake Barrington, Il. for brunch with 6 other chapter members. Weather was great - only 40* didn't even have to plug in the electrics. :D

WOW, thanks for all the compliments. Yes we are very happy ! Any particular mods I should be looking at first out of the box. Will be keeping the stock exhaust for a while.

The one thing I did when I bought my trike was to have the clear film applied over the fenders to protect my paint job. Learned the hard way with my last trike, rocks can be hard on a paint job. You can use the film or fender bras, they both work.

Great looking Trike with a very happy looking couple seated on it. We get out black one this week and like you, are anxious to get it broke in to be ready for the summer. All we need is about an extra 10-12 degrees some days. Be safe and enjoy the ride.

Yep, that was one thing I was thinking of. Is the film easy to apply ? Also is it as protective as the bras ?

Marv1, my HD dealer suggested a film product called Motorcycle Armor instead of the HD film. It is same quality and price, but there are more precut pieces covering more areas of the trike. I like it alot. They put the stuff on as part of the pre-delivery so I can't say how much of a job the installation is. Check it out at Motorcycle Armor.

Sam

I forgot about that film. No way was I going to pay Harley that much for that film. There are planty of websites that sell it and you can get different thicknesses.

I bought a strip 2 feet x 8 feet for $50. I have made templates of all the areas I want to cover and then just cut out with an X-Acto knife or a pair of sharp sissors.
The only place you really need to cover is the front of the fenders and the area between the fenders and the trunk.

I made some for my old 03 Ultra for the top of the saddlebags because I was always hitting them with my boots. They were almost invisable and lasted until I sold it in 2010 - probably still going strong.

I would never-never put a bra on a Harley(or a car for that matter). I belonged to a Vette club and you wouldn't believe the paint damage they caused unless you removed them and cleaned underneith on a regular basis. And - to me- just looks plain awfull.
Maybe I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have much of a problem with paint chips. I've had a lot of bikes in my 53 years of riding and I can't think of any major paint damage. A few little nicks here and there - that's about all, so I'm not one for covering up a beautiful vehicle. JMHO

Harley also sells rubber pads for that area.

Marv1, my HD dealer suggested a film product called Motorcycle Armor instead of the HD film. It is same quality and price, but there are more precut pieces covering more areas of the trike. I like it alot. They put the stuff on as part of the pre-delivery so I can't say how much of a job the installation is. Check it out at Motorcycle Armor.

Sam

Livin2Ride, you mentioned ".....same quality and price but there are more precut pieces.....". I checked out the description and it indicated "2 Piece Kit". Can you give us more information?

Livin2Ride, you mentioned ".....same quality and price but there are more precut pieces.....". I checked out the description and it indicated "2 Piece Kit". Can you give us more information?

Patroit, if you click on the link I provided then click on the "product store" button that takes you to a page of products, scroll down to the "complete kit for StreetGlide or TriGlide Trike" then click on that image.

The kit is a 13 piece kit. I did not pay anywhere near what they show as the list price. I have looked for the price the dealer quoted me and the best I can determine they sold it to me for approx. $160.00 and as I stated before it was installed as part of the pre-delivery.

One of the reasons my dealer pushed this product is it is warranted for life and the HD kit isn't. If a piece gets messed up they are supposed to replace it. All I can attest to is at 2000 miles it looks good and it has taken a lot of bug hits, and a few heel hits, without damage.

Sam

Patroit, if you click on the link I provided then click on the "product store" button that takes you to a page of products, scroll down to the "complete kit for StreetGlide or TriGlide Trike" then click on that image.

The kit is a 13 piece kit. I did not pay anywhere near what they show as the list price. I have looked for the price the dealer quoted me and the best I can determine they sold it to me for approx. $160.00 and as I stated before it was installed as part of the pre-delivery.

One of the reasons my dealer pushed this product is it is warranted for life and the HD kit isn't. If a piece gets messed up they are supposed to replace it. All I can attest to is at 2000 miles it looks good and it has taken a lot of bug hits, and a few heel hits, without damage.

Sam

Thanks Sam. Good info.

Just purchases a 2012 tri glide black and blue. Started to put some goodies on it, but, I have noticed the front of the back fenders seem like they catch every bug, dirt and water maybe from the vehicle in front, or the front tire. If seems like HARLEY has three fender options, scuff guards, probably too small, fender bras - not the best looking option, transparent paint guard kit, 12 pieces, or motorcycle armor 2 pieces 120 or 13 piece for 299. Anyone using any of these options and any pros or cons on these choices. Also saw a post from garyd, buying the film out right. Who is the manufacture, and any pros or cons....Thanks ....

Just purchases a 2012 tri glide black and blue. Started to put some goodies on it, but, I have noticed the front of the back fenders seem like they catch every bug, dirt and water maybe from the vehicle in front, or the front tire. If seems like HARLEY has three fender options, scuff guards, probably too small, fender bras - not the best looking option, transparent paint guard kit, 12 pieces, or motorcycle armor 2 pieces 120 or 13 piece for 299. Anyone using any of these options and any pros or cons on these choices. Also saw a post from garyd, buying the film out right. Who is the manufacture, and any pros or cons....Thanks ....
Congrats on your new TG. I've used the 3M transparent film on my Goldwing Trike. It worked. I'm going to order the motorcycle armor for the fenders only. I would get the bras but they are not compatible with the fender trim. I will probably get the scuff pads. Have fun itch the TG.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png