How many miles do u travel per day on a trip?

I am the iron butt type..............500 to 800 miles an some 1000 mile days......................maybe thats why I rode over a 100,000 last yr......but really tryin to slow down this yr.............we will see
Hisst

300 to 350 is a good day, but we have gone 790 in one day trying to get home before a big snow strom hit Tulsa! We got home at 10:00pm woke up to 12 inch of snow the next morning.

Depends on where we're goin' and how badly we want to get there. 15 hour days for two days when we ride to Maggie Valley; a 20 hour day (980 miles) when we wanted to get home from Colorado. If we're going to Big Bend, it's just an easy 8 hour (400 mile) ride. Also depends on what's along the way . . . Used to go to South Padre Island in one day, a little over 8 hours, easy. Now we stop to spend the night with friends outside San Antonio. (Don't invite us to come see you - - we will!)

500-650 makes for a long day. It's a shame we don't have more than 2wks to go out west or where ever. You can't just take your time and just site see. It seems we're always in a hurry to get there. Just us I guess.

These days, a holiday is the trip,not the destination. We always try to keep it under 300 mls a day. We have a general plan but never say " We have to be there by tomorrow". Stopping as often as we feel. Getting to our overnight by about 3pm. Time to get settled and check out the area. If camping the same applies. 3pm with time to set camp, have a look around and get dinner cooking before dark.
In our younger days we have been known to ride to Sydney and back ( about 1200 miles) for the weekend for a party. Now we like to "stop and smell the roses".

I am not sure that any number is set in stone If I'm riding for a day trip I would say 300-400 with plenty of stops. On trips it kind of depends on where I"m going. Most trips I do if they involve of night stays I try and get up early ( 3am ) and hit the road and get there. But, let's say I am riding to the mid-west from California... I stop in ABQ, NM because I have friends there ( 800 miles ) and then I just ride the rest of the way none stop pretty much with Rest stop being the same as gas stops. If My Wife is with me I stop ever 11 hours or so and get a room.. Or she'd kill me!

These days, a holiday is the trip,not the destination. We always try to keep it under 300 mls a day. We have a general plan but never say " We have to be there by tomorrow". Stopping as often as we feel. Getting to our overnight by about 3pm. Time to get settled and check out the area. If camping the same applies. 3pm with time to set camp, have a look around and get dinner cooking before dark.
In our younger days we have been known to ride to Sydney and back ( about 1200 miles) for the weekend for a party. Now we like to "stop and smell the roses".

I like your thinking... get up early stop early and Enjoy your local wild life. ThumbUp

I don't even think about 500-1000 mile stretches. Longest was 1612 miles in 32 hrs. shortest on vacation was 200 miles (because I found an interesting town to visit in ND). Of course, if the wife is riding with me, I am limited to maybe 350 in a day.
The '10 TG is going in for its 35K check this weekend....Wait....did I read 100,000 miles in a year above? Now I just feel like an under achiever!!! 26,000 miles is the most I have managed in a year (with full time work).:AGGHH:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png