EZ Steer Stability Question

Oct 25, 2010
CT, USA
Been triking for several years, on my 2nd trike. Just installed EZ steer for the first time and find it takes some getting used to. Feel like trike really dips to the outside even, now, on seeming straight-aways. Find myself leaning toward the center line to feel balanced. When on level ground (i.e., garage floor) the trike looks fine. So, I don't think its a suspension problem. Anyway, I'm I crazy or is it that I just need to get used to EZ steer?

Out of maybe 500 ez steers installed I have never seen this as a Ez steer problem. Trikes rear ends can make it trail to the left of right and it is always possible that it's the front end. I love EZ steers would not have a trike with out one.

So first thing? Check the alignment or the rear and Inspect forks and tires and take it from there. ThumbUp

Our 06 GW CSC felt like it wanted to push to the outside of a left hand curve. I figured it was just me not pushing and pulling correctly. Took the time on my last oil change to check the camber and found the left tire was leaning in about 3/8". Fixed the camber problem and eliminated the push. Might be related to what you are experiencing. Good luck.

Have EZ Steer and know the sensation you are talking about. Recently bought a hand pump and inflated our front shocks from 0 to 4 psi. Seems to take the highway ramps much better with less lean. Anxious to drive more to see if my first impression is correct.

also
check that all of the brake calipers are releasing;
most trikes has a residual pressure valve that will hold slight caliper pressure and should not promote the problems you described.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png