Passenger Floorboards

Jul 26, 2011
Waller, TX, USA
I have a GL1800 with the Motor Trike kit. My wife, being vertically challenged, finds the stock passenger floorboards to be too low to be comfortable. I tried to get a set of risers that replace the stock floorboard with a narrower one that has a swivel-up peg on the outside, but it has been discontinued due to a NHTSA recall. I ordered a different kind, made with a pivot bar that fits on the inside of the floorboard instead of the outside, and does not replace the stock floorboard. This one works fine and would be great for a two-wheeled configuration, except that it moves the floorboard too far out. You have to fold the floorboard up to install it and then it rests against the fender long before it is level and in the correct position. I finally installed the swivel bracket and the peg and just left the stock floorboard off, so now all she has back there is the peg.

Just wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket floorboard that is about 1½" or 2" narrower than the stock floorboard, or if there is another solution out there that I missed.

There is a company called rivco that makes risers for 1800,check out their web site also look at the kuryakyn passenger foot boards.
:wave4::wave4::wave4:ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png