New Tri Glide on the Big Island

I finally got to ride our new Tri Glide for the first time, yesterday. Naturally, when I got back from the hospital in Honolulu last Friday, it started raining and I didn't want to take it on wet roads until I had a chance to protectively coat some the bling and front fork.

I've been riding two wheelers all my life, with the closest to a trike being, literally, about 5 minutes time on my son's quad ATV. That lack of experience and reading some here made me a little nervous but actually I found myself settling down and loving it within minutes. Probably the hardest thing to get used to as someone coming from 2 wheels is feeling the side forces when turning. Those are a little unsettling, making me feel like the thing might roll over. But, I'm already getting comfortable with that. And I'm already learning not put my feet down when stopped!:D

This site has been really helpful for knowing what to expect. Thanks to all who share their experiences and knowledge here.

Here's a picture of my better half, Sandy, on the trike yesterday. This was our first ride together in 15 months because I've been rendered too weak from cancer treatments to safely pack her anymore on the Softail. We love riding together and it just wasn't the same riding by myself, which is why we traded two wheels for three.:cool:

SandyAtMalamaMarket_2.jpg

When not riding with my wife, I take corners faster and faster on my '10 TG. Have yet to lift a wheel up. They are very stable. Glad you are feeling well enough to get out in the wind.

When not riding with my wife, I take corners faster and faster on my '10 TG. Have yet to lift a wheel up. They are very stable. Glad you are feeling well enough to get out in the wind.

Thanks and yeah, I'm starting to realize I'd probably have to push that thing ridiculously hard to roll it. Just takes a little getting used to that feeling. :)

Congrats on the new ride. My spouse and I are now on Kauai after spending 5 days on Oahu. We saw the same trike in Honolulu. Are your sure you didn't ride to the big island?

Congrats on the new ride. My spouse and I are now on Kauai after spending 5 days on Oahu. We saw the same trike in Honolulu. Are your sure you didn't ride to the big island?

LOL! I'll bet you probably saw it at Cycle City, near Honolulu airport, on the mauka side of Nimitz highway. This one found it's way to the Big Island's H-D dealer in Kona a little earlier, but it came through them. They pretty much have a lock on all the H-D dealerships here in the islands.

I hope you're enjoying Kauai. After almost 30 years here, I still haven't made it up there, although my wife has. She and some friends made, steamed and sold almost 2,000 laulaus back in the 80s to fund that trip! :) I worked 6 days a week, so I couldn't go.

Someday though!

That trike is beautiful! You and your wife are going to love the stability and you will even get very at ease in the turns. I'm so glad you haven't given up riding together :D

Welcome from SE Tennessee! Glad to see you are getting back in the wind after dealing with cancer. I have have several friends that won that battle and several that didn't. You are blessed and it's amazing how much the wind helps in the recovery! Good luck and keeping riding.

LOL! I'll bet you probably saw it at Cycle City, near Honolulu airport, on the mauka side of Nimitz highway. This one found it's way to the Big Island's H-D dealer in Kona a little earlier, but it came through them. They pretty much have a lock on all the H-D dealerships here in the islands.

I hope you're enjoying Kauai. After almost 30 years here, I still haven't made it up there, although my wife has. She and some friends made, steamed and sold almost 2,000 laulaus back in the 80s to fund that trip! :) I worked 6 days a week, so I couldn't go. Someday though!

As a matter-of-fact, it was near the airport. Although it was Monday that we seen it. Say, how is it delivered to you, by boat or plane?

patriot said:
As a matter-of-fact, it was near the airport. Although it was Monday that we seen it. Say, how is it delivered to you, by boat or plane?

I'm not sure if this one was the exact same specimen that you saw in Honolulu, as it had been at the Kona dealer for about two weeks before we bought it, but ya never know! :) It was ordered for someone who wanted it in black but this one was mistakenly delivered, so we scooped it up instead. As for shipping, the bikes are put on an inter-island barge.

I sure hope you folks found some decent weather while you're in the islands. Been kind of junk the last couple or three weeks.

I'm not sure if this one was the exact same specimen that you saw in Honolulu, as it had been at the Kona dealer for about two weeks before we bought it, but ya never know! :) It was ordered for someone who wanted it in black but this one was mistakenly delivered, so we scooped it up instead. As for shipping, the bikes are put on an inter-island barge.

I sure hope you folks found some decent weather while you're in the islands. Been kind of junk the last couple or three weeks.

The weather has been great. We've had a couple of little showers, but it has been nice.

Today was a beautiful day to really get out there and put some miles on. Here's our new toy at a park a few miles from home. The more I ride this, the more I'm liking it!

Trike%20at%20Liliuokalani_0.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a beautiful day to really get out there and put some miles on. Here's our new toy at a park a few miles from home. The more I ride this, the more I'm liking it!

Trike%20at%20Liliuokalani_0.jpg

Wow, the pic looks good. I can see now, you need; the bumper and the 3M film protector. That protector is a must. Also look into tGlidestuff.com, the wind deflectors and the baffle. They not only look good, but are a great benefit. My next purchase from tglide is the lift kit.

patriot said:
Wow, the pic looks good. I can see now, you need; the bumper and the 3M film protector. That protector is a must. Also look into tGlidestuff.com, the wind deflectors and the baffle. They not only look good, but are a great benefit. My next purchase from tglide is the lift kit.

Thanks twice patriot! For the compliment and the advice on the add-ons. Is that film protector something I might find locally? If not, maybe J&P? I'm going straight to tGlidestuff to check out the deflectors. Mahalo nui for the advice.

Google 3M paint protection. It is made by Scotchguard and there are lots of links about it online. I'm sure you can find it locally.... check with a place like a window tinting company, for instance, but your HD dealer may also carry it. If not, you can certainly order a roll of it online. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png