night ride

I took Snarley out for an evening ride today. Nice! I usually only ride during the day. Way too many hogs and other roadkill wannabes. Besides the dual headlights, I use Motolight fork-mount halogen lights, 50w, that do a decent job of lighting the way.

I took Snarley out for an evening ride today. Nice! I usually only ride during the day. Way too many hogs and other roadkill wannabes. Besides the dual headlights, I use Motolight fork-mount halogen lights, 50w, that do a decent job of lighting the way.

I also have the Motolight fork mounted setup. I just changed over from the 50W halogen to their new offering of high intensity LED's. They are a bit pricy, but all I can say is 'WOW', what a difference! Definitely more light and a much whiter light. Another benefit is that the LED's draw less amperage as well. Now I'm looking at converting my driving lights to LED's.

I fully agree with you regarding all the critters out at night. That's why I want as much light out front as possible along with being seen by oncoming traffic.

I absolutely refuse to ride at night in West Virginia. In the past several years I have hit three deer with my truck and one deer and two coyotes with my car (Hit both coyotes at the same time two years ago). I have several friends who have collided with deer on their bikes. Our roads are practically littered with road killed deer year round but it's much worse during the rutting season. I used to love to ride at night but it's just too risky considering the number of critters sharing the roadways at night where I live.

One of the advantages of living on the High Desert in Southern California. About the biggest thing you may hit riding across the desert at night is a rabbit or lizard. No trees to block the view, few bugs because of the very low humidity. Absolutely gorgeous stars.

One of the advantages of living on the High Desert in Southern California. About the biggest thing you may hit riding across the desert at night is a rabbit or lizard. No trees to block the view, few bugs because of the very low humidity. Absolutely gorgeous stars.

Many nite rides in Yucca Valley starting on a Honda 50 in 1957, Mom lives in Flamingo Heights now alone since my dad passed in Sept. at 94. Do you ever get by Pappy and Harriet's in Pi Town? Was a wild Biker Bar for Years. Great Musical talent thru the years. Eric Burden plays there. Many Western filmed at Pi Town including Gun Fight At the OK Corral.

I absolutely refuse to ride at night in West Virginia. In the past several years I have hit three deer with my truck and one deer and two coyotes with my car (Hit both coyotes at the same time two years ago). I have several friends who have collided with deer on their bikes. Our roads are practically littered with road killed deer year round but it's much worse during the rutting season. I used to love to ride at night but it's just too risky considering the number of critters sharing the roadways at night where I live.

Looks like Ii need to just follow you around to fill my freezer with venison :AGGHH:

Many nite rides in Yucca Valley starting on a Honda 50 in 1957, Mom lives in Flamingo Heights now alone since my dad passed in Sept. at 94. Do you ever get by Pappy and Harriet's in Pi Town? Was a wild Biker Bar for Years. Great Musical talent thru the years. Eric Burden plays there. Many Western filmed at Pi Town including Gun Fight At the OK Corral.

Been by it, never stopped in. Love to ride to Palm Springs "the hard way". Hard to explain the beauty of the desolate desert.

Been by it, never stopped in. Love to ride to Palm Springs "the hard way". Hard to explain the beauty of the desolate desert.

Used to go through there as a shortcut between my Mom's in Barstow and Father-in-Law's in Phoenix. 247 to the 62 to the 95 to the 60. Speaking of desolate, I think I grew up in desolate. Could ride a dirt bike all day and not see anybody or anything except for the occasional F-4 Phantom who would buzz us at Mach 1+. Will never stop loving the Mojave.

Been all over SanJack and San Gergonio back when a Honda 55 trail would take you anywhere and there were no gates or fences on BLM land. My Mom rode with us on many overnite pack ins and even to 11,000 top of San Gergonio. You should try Coyote Pass in Anza but not on a Trike, My Jeep could just get thru the several miles in the river bed. Lots of Big Horn Sheep.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png