GPS question

Jul 11, 2011
Fremont, Ohio, USA
I am starting to do some research on putting a GPS on the trike. I would like to be able to hear the GPS thru my headphones in my helmet. Is there away to run it thru the radio/comm system. I am not an Electronics whiz...:Coffee:

I am starting to do some research on putting a GPS on the trike. I would like to be able to hear the GPS thru my headphones in my helmet. Is there away to run it thru the radio/comm system. I am not an Electronics whiz...:Coffee:
I can hear mine thru the stock tri glide speakers with the correct wiring harness..I am not sure if it would also work with the headsets..If you can hear the radio you will hear the GPS,,I have the 665 unit

I can hear mine thru the stock tri glide speakers with the correct wiring harness..I am not sure if it would also work with the headsets..If you can hear the radio you will hear the GPS,,I have the 665 unit

I would think if it can be heard through the speakers, then toggle the speaker switch and listen through the headset.

What you need is the Road Tech Navigation Interface Module, P/N 76000024A. Some say it only works with the Harley versions of the Garmin 660 and 665. But then the Harley versions come with a 2 year warranty whereas the regular Garmin 660 and 665 only have a 1 year warranty.

Another alternative if you have an iPhone is to purchase the iPod interface and run the TomTom App on your iPhone. You can hear the guidance in the helmet or on the speakers. As an added benefit, you can hear all your iPhone's iPod music and control it from the controls just like your CD or AM/FM. The TomTom App voice command cut in over the music when necessary. Also, if you use any Apps like iHeart Radio, it will work for those as well. You can also run apps that overlay weather radars so you can see if you are heading into rain. The cost is relatively inexpensive if you already have an iPhone. If you don't then Zumo and interface is probably the way to go.

Another alternative is purchase a Tomtom Rider 2 with the Cardo Scala Headset, which allows bluetooth connectivity to the gps and phone, which will allow you to get incoming calls displayed on the gps, number receive or discard, and allow you to make calls when stopped, in traffic or traffic light, again thru the gps. Works great...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png