Hitch

Anybody changed there hitch to make it heavier? I did and what looks like for my Adventure trike.

Man you can pull a Mac Truck with that hitch!!!!

Similar to what I did but I didn't beef mine up quite that much. I can stand on my hitch ball (all 210 pounds of me) and the only movement is the suspension squatting some.

Randy, Nice looking hitch. Did you make this because you didn't have one from MotorTrike or did you have problems with the one that came from MotorTrike. So far I haven't had any problems with my factory hitch.

I had the oem one, but was thinking it wasn't heavy enough. I'm going to use a tagalong or pull a camper. After putting the tube bumper on, the ball did not stick out far enough. So I moved it back 2.5" back. I have the oem sitting on the bench, so I'll take a picture of it. What I used was a 1 1/4" to a 2" adapter and put 2 pieces of flat steel plate where the oem mounts were and 1 angle iron on the end to the front after I extened it to get the next frame.

Paul, if you do not have a bumper on the trike. Then on the last frame rail there should be 2 holes going front to back. That's where the hitch goes. The light plugs mounts on the hitch too. Here is what the oem looks like.

I have the factory hitch and use a flat 4 wire plug for the lights with a 5 to 4 converter. I pull a BunkHouse King trailer and last fall I purchased a used HarborFright trailer with a cartoper box. I need to rehab HF trailer and I think I will let my girlfriend pull it with her Vulcan 900 when we go camping. I will look at my factory hitch but I do not have a bumper on my Goldwing trike.

I have the ball mount in the rise position. I pull a Bunkhouse camper and I needed up to level it off. Then I put the bumper on and the ball don't stick out far enough. It does now with the new hitch.

RRScott

I would like the measurements of the one you built.

Thank you for your assistance. It looks like you a a 2 to 1 1/4 converter then added another tube to the back side.

So If i am looking right you bolt to the factory brace mount and then the angle iron at the back would mount to the the second braceing and looks like you would drill holes up through the mount. If so would the holes go up through the trunk area.

Thats what I did. The second brace is only self tapped, not all the way though. The angle iron is hooked on the front side and screwed to the bottom side for pull and counter support.

RRScott,

I want to thank you for taking the time to help out newbie here and on the trike. I like the hitch you had built for yourself and I new I did not have the equipment, skills or time to build one.

When I asked if you could build me one I figured the reply would be a polite no that you just would not have the time but you instead gladly assisted me.

I believe this truly shows what this forum is about, where we step up and help one another.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png