Lehman Trikes

I spoke with Lehman yesterday. The investors are doing their lawyer thing right now and news should be coming in very shortly regarding the return to regular business.

The passing of John Lehman has had no effect on these transactions or the future of the company other than the absent of his great personality and the closeness he shared with the Lehman customers. For the past several years he served on the board of directors and remained in contact with many dealers in a personal way. He will be missed like a close family member.

News of Lehman Trikes' return to production will be greeted by the dealers that have depleated their kit inventories. Prospects on the horizon are returning some of the popular models that were discontinued in a revamped form and continued support for all of the Lehman product.

Certainly this long vacation has had an impact on the Lehman status in the market place but Lehman still maintains the product support and quality of their Trikes.

They have never returned my emails and their dealers/distributors never get back to me either.

I have spoken with them numerous times this past week on the impending sales deal. They were forced to close their doors due to lack of funding by the supposed buyer. I still have my fingers crossed that something positive will emerge from this hiatis. In the meantime, I will try to answer all of the emails for them as best I can. I have assured my customers and I am assuring other Lehman customers that I will continue to supply service and parts for their conversions in the future. Lehman used a lot of automotive parts that are readily available as well as the stock motorcycle parts used on their trikes.

email:
mnjntrpz@earthlink.net

Thanks

Read this on another forum:
Lehman Trikes of Spearfish has suspended operations and may not reopen.

The manufacturer of three-wheeled motorcycles said it was temporarily laying off a number of workers in November while it sought an investor, but it has been unable to complete the proposed sale, president and chief executive officer Ken Hines said in a news release.

While Hines “is continuing to pursue possible transactions to inject capital into the company,” Lehman cannot continue to operate until that happens, he said, noting that “There is no assurance that the company will be able to secure the required funding to recommence operations.”

It moved to Spearfish in 2004, Lehman was growing and had a lucrative contract with Harley-Davidson to build the Harley Tri-Glide trike. That ended in 2010 and in 2011 Lehman said it was making the transition to building trikes again, with brands including Victory, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki bikes as well as individual Harleys.

In November, Hines said the anticipated sale would bring new products to Lehman’s line-up and that the laid-off workers still had the potential to get their jobs back.

In January, the company suffered another blow with the death of its founder, 60-year-old John K. Lehman.

It is unclear how many people were working at Lehman. The website of the Spearfish Economic Development Corporation lists Lehman’s work force at 15.

Corporation executive director Bryan Walker declined to comment.

Story is here: Spearfish trike manufacturer suspends operations

What I heard this morning.

All current orders will be completed... No new orders at this time. :censored:

I don't think even Lehman knows what is up at this point. You don't close your Factory at the start of the season unless there's a huge problem! :Shrug:

Just joined the Forum to ask about this very situation. Ordered and paid for a set of running boards for my '11 Triglide on Feb 15 and haven't heard from Lehman since. Do you know if they are planning to fill orders from that time period, or return any money? Or is my money just gone?

Got (finally) a return call from Marcia at Lehman Trike. New financing fell through on Feb. 20th, all employees were laid off in March, and no products are being made or shipped at this time. A few former employees are going in every few days to take care of odds and ends (like email), but are not getting paid.

Marcia said that everyone hopes something can be done, but Lehman is owned by a Canadian company, and they won't let them produce any product or even buy raw materials. As of now, doors are closed. Got my money for running boards back from my ordering dealer today, and they said they will probably have to go to court to get their money back. Very sorry to hear all this. Does anyone know someone else that makes running boards for a Triglide besides Motor Tryke?
Jack

I guess the warranty on my Lehman Jackal is not good anymore.....this really bothers me. If I should need repair parts I am worried none will be avaiable. Mine may go up for sale if Lehman company does not do something soon.

jackal. don't over react. even if they do not come back, your trike kit will more than like not need any work.

I need a set of pins for my breaks. I got a 2001 Ultra with a lehman kit. I wonder if there is an auto part that will work? Are the breaks proprietary? Any one know?? Disk breaks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png