Anyone coming to wing ding?

Feb 22, 2009
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wing Ding is going to be in Tulsa, Oklahoma the first of July 2009, was wondering if anyone from the forum was planning on attending.
We went to one in Snowmass, Colorado years ago and had a good time.
Maybe if anyone is coming we could plan a get together with trikes along with it.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok

Last edited:
A friend of ours is headed there. He is going to ride with me to Moab UT and then head on to Wing Ding. I on the other hand am headed south from there to Bryce and the Grand Canyon. Then headed up through Califirnia via Bishop and back into Reno and on home.

I might have rode on to Wing ding but I made the other plans with riding buddies before I decided to get a wing. :cool:

But I know he is looking forward to it.

We aren't GWRAA members, but being only 2 hours away we are thinking about making a day trip. Don't know much about it, is there anything open to the general public? (Vendors, displays, info booths, etc.)

Just for confusions sake, I am thinking about taking the Harley over, but wearing my GW millineum jacket. :rolleyes: If Gloria decides to go, we'll definatly have the trike. (leaning heavily that way)

Hello folks,
I know that the GWOCGB has days when non members can get into the Treffen (Wingding) for a certain fee. This also allows them access to the goody stalls (chrome etc..) Their is also a public day where they pay £5 which goes to charity. During the publics visit they vote on the best trike, bike etc...:cool:

Ozark,

Been there - Done that and it was a hoot, (no pun intended).

Had a couple of friends who were wingers who invited us to ride to Marysville for the Honda Homecoming. Always up for a ride, we gladly accepted. There couldn't have been with a nicer crowd than the thousands we rubbed shoulders with.

I saw just one other Hog amongst the gazillion Hondas on the plant parking lot but like me, he stood out more because of the sound (loud) than the looks.

I did have one big burly guy come over and growl at me, “what the hell you doing here on that thing?” I simply answered, “the same as you, just ridin’.” I thought he was going to bust a gut laughing. Then we stood there and talked for about 20 minutes.

We even went out to the many vendor areas where we got a lot of lookers and many interesting conversations. I guess you'll be surprised though if I tell you we didn't buy much. Nothing seemed to strike our fancy.

I wouldn't trade the experience for the world. It reinforced my belief that most true bikers share my oft stated philosophy that "It doesn't matter WHAT you ride, it only matters THAT you ride."

Go for it!

Dave:cool:

I agree with Blue, most goldwingers don't really care what you ride or what T shirt you have on. I'll probably be wearing my harley shirt since I've got a few of them and just recently sold the Harley.
Glad to hear that some of the folks from the forum will be here. Maybe we can get together someplace during the gathering.
I'll find out more about the public access. Roger at Renegades Trike Shop in Glenpool, Ok (Just south of Tulsa) is very active in the planning of wingding so next time I see him I'll find out.
Okie
Tulsa, Ok.

Last edited:
We aren't GWRAA members, but being only 2 hours away we are thinking about making a day trip.
Don't know much about it, is there anything open to the general public? (Vendors, displays, info booths, etc.)

there are Day, and Entire event passes available for NON-Members...
Don't worry, you'll be welcome...

good clean fun, and nothign I wouldn't take my kids to...
I plan on being there from Cleveland, with my daughter, and Dad

"It doesn't matter WHAT you ride, it only matters THAT you ride."

Go for it!

Dave:cool:

I agree Dave...
A lot of Anti-Wing ding nay sayers have forgotte the basic rule of riding
The destination is not the purpose for the ride...
The ride is the purpose of the Destination.

xlation.
Go ride...
We (GWRRA) just give you a little something to do at the 1/2 way point

Hey Ben, I looked at the trike rally in Texas and was real excited but my wife has to leave for NYC on monday and we don't see where we can make it and get her back and ready to catch an early flight on Monday morning.
We are going to try to make the Russellville, Ark. rally in October. It's a little closer for us also.
Thanks for the info, if anything changes I'll let you know.
Okie
Tulsa, OK

Hey Ben, I looked at the trike rally in Texas and was real excited but my wife has to leave for NYC on monday and we don't see where we can make it and get her back and ready to catch an early flight on Monday morning.

We are going to try to make the Russellville, Ark. rally in October. It's a little closer for us also.

Thanks for the info, if anything changes I'll let you know.

Okie

Tulsa, OK

If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I will be in Russellville in October. Take care...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png