headlights

On a Goldwing, the low beam is always on, so the dim switch is probably not the problem. Something simple to check, there have been a number of times where both lights burn out at the same time. Easy to check.

I seem to recall a dirty starter switch will also cause that problem. Squirt the crap out of it with WD40 and see if it clears up.

Any possibility that the bulb is a double filament bulb and the low filament burnt out.:Shrug:

NOPE.. GL1800 uses an H7 bulb only. It's easy enough to rule the bulb out by simple applying 12 vdc and ground to opposite poles of the bulb. I really do not expect the bulb is the issue.

What I have noticed with the 1800. A lot of the 1800 Wings I see are driving around with one light out . Then all of a sudden the 2 nd one burns out and they realize they have no low beam. If I knew from the start it was a 1800 ( I even checked the profile and it said bikes I have owned was a 1984 wing). I as ,Gold Rush said ,you did not fill in the blanks , we are not mind readers. There are now 5 different Goldwings . Early 76-83 ,84-87,88-99,2000-2011, and now the 2011

well i guess i was riding with one low beam out and didnt notice it thanks for help and sorry for confusion on what i was riding

Hey Roscoe, If that's the worse you ever do then all is well.... A little confusion once in a while makes all our "old" minds work a bit harder so we get some excitement.... Just glad you sorted out the problem..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png