Fairing mirrors

Feb 25, 2012
Ontario, NY USA
Looking at installing the fairing mirrors and have a few questions. Do they give a better view of where you've been? Do they take the place of the bar mount mirrors or are both required for a good view? Appreciate any thoughts.

I had a pair of fairing mirrors on my '09 Ultra. I had my regular bar mount mirrors also and was hoping the fairing mirrors would help with blind spots..... for me, the fairing mirrors didn't work out. They might prove better on a trike where you're not leaning the bike all the time and changing the mirror angles. But from my past experience with them, I will not be installing them again.

I have them on mine, but have also had them on my last two Ultras before I got the trike, Some people do not like them. I am one who can see better with them than bar mounted mirrors. Sit on a streetglide at the dealershi and see what you think.

Removed my Fairing mounted mirrors on my Street Glide and put plastic plugs in the holes. I'm a big guy and couldn't really never get a good view behind me with them. Ride Safe!

Removed my Fairing mounted mirrors on my Street Glide and put plastic plugs in the holes. I'm a big guy and couldn't really never get a good view behind me with them. Ride Safe!

I was just getting ready to say that unless you are a big guy and/or like your handlebars up high, the fairing mirrors are wonderful. I had them on my SG trike and even when I put the 2" pullback bars on, it was still a good view out the mirror. I do like my handle bars lower so I can relax my arms and shoulders and it also gives me a little more leverage in making the hard turns. Good advice on sitting on a SG and getting the view first hand.

I put the fairing mirrors on my ultra before I converted it. The adjustment range is very limited and although they looked good it was difficult to get a good view of what's behind you. After the conversion it seemed to be even worse, maybe due to the easy steer. I put the original mirrors back on and am still running the fairing mounts until I get some plugs to patch the mounting holes. If you're a tall person the fairing mounts suck!!!

I guess I am kind of old fashion I use those cheater tiny mirrors mounted on the standard mirrors.. I use these on all my cars too. It took a little while to get use to them but now I love them. And they're cheap.. maybe 3.99 at Pep boys.

CIPA-HotSpots-Stick-On-Convex-Wedge.jpg

Wicked Image has the best fairing mirrors out there, they are billet aluminum and have the convex mirror on the end. They don't vibrate and are super clear. They have more adjustment in them to see what you want. I am fused scull thru c7 with no movement of my head in any direction, so to ride I have tried them all and Wicked Image blows the others away. They come in black or chrome. Picture inclosed. Do a search on the web a lot of aftermarket companies have them. They are cheaper than the Harvey Dawson ones also. Thanks, Jerry
2011-02-28_17-41-15_623.jpg

1304626224158.jpg

2011-02-28_17-40-02_485.jpg

Wicked Image has the best fairing mirrors out there, they are billet aluminum and have the convex mirror on the end. They don't vibrate and are super clear. They have more adjustment in them to see what you want. I am fused scull thru c7 with no movement of my head in any direction, so to ride I have tried them all and Wicked Image blows the others away. They come in black or chrome. Picture inclosed. Do a search on the web a lot of aftermarket companies have them. They are cheaper than the Harvey Dawson ones also. Thanks, Jerry
2011-02-28_17-41-15_623.jpg

1304626224158.jpg

2011-02-28_17-40-02_485.jpg

Nice mirrors, clean, non cluttered fairing! I'm a neat freak and can't stand all that clutter inside of my fairing. If I were looking for fairing mirrors, those would most definitely be worth check into.

Wicked Image has the best fairing mirrors out there, they are billet aluminum and have the convex mirror on the end. They don't vibrate and are super clear. They have more adjustment in them to see what you want. I am fused scull thru c7 with no movement of my head in any direction, so to ride I have tried them all and Wicked Image blows the others away. They come in black or chrome. Picture inclosed. Do a search on the web a lot of aftermarket companies have them. They are cheaper than the Harvey Dawson ones also. Thanks, Jerry ]

Those are cool!ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png