Rear brake pads

Jul 25, 2010
Hardin Ill
I took our 2009 Triglide for the 15,000 mile and they found my back pads where just about down to metal on metal. Has anyone else had this trouble. Thks, Chuck & Cissy

Had the same thing at 15,000 on our 2009 TriGlide. Have 27,000 now and back breaks didn't look to bad. Dont use them as much as I used to. Use the gearing to slow down more now and more front break.

I had to replace my rear brakes at 8,000 miles learned on trike talk could be from rear parking brake dragging. I dont use mine any more just leave it in gear and also loosened up the parking brake. some take the parking brake completly off. Use gearing and front brakes more.

I am one of those that took the parking brake clean off. You do not need it and it is just another thing to have to mess with and adjust. You will not miss it!

ii also have a '09 t/g and i have a habit of when the r/h passenger foot rest was up the
e/b brake was off.. and the rear brakes terrable. a bought the PERFORMANCE MACHINE
stage 1 rear brake kit. and that really helps. with 4 pistons pushing the brake pads
instead of 2 in the rear really helps. i also went with their calipers in the front too. found them on-line and saves a-lot of money. i got the old version that doesn't have the emergency brake option, so i took it off.i,m trying to get a pattern of the NEW version
and (butch) is going to help with that when his set comes in.i will make a jigg so you can use the old calipers mounting bracket to cut & weld a new one that will use the e/b.
the p/m caliper goes a 12:00 o-clock position and the OEM goes a 9:00 o-clock prsition (with hyd capped) its only used for emer. brakeing. i like to use it for warm-ups.
oh! eastern performance has a set on-line for 1188.75 # 370586754169 for '10 & '11.
ANYWAY i now use the rear brake as well as the front brake. there was a couple of t/g crashes in fl. going to daytona. waiting for the guys to reflect on how they feel if they would have had better brakeing on their t/g's. just my opinion. ronn on & throttle-up.

I replaced the rear brakes on my 10 tri glide at 12000 -- didn't have much pad left -- I put the Lyndall Raceing pads on -- they are holding up well -- I think befor the riding season starts up here in the north I'm going to remove the parking brake. It not only looks ugly but really dosen't work that well ( have to adjust it often and then the rear pads start to wear again )

Just a brief FYI...my dad always said, brake pads are cheaper than anything in the transmission. Use the brakes safely! I also use gearing to hold the trike when parked and backed off the parking brake.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png