F4 Windshield

Nov 2, 2011
Enid, Oklahoma
I am getting ready to buy a F4 windshield and was wondering if they help with the wind when it is blowing from the side. Today we were riding and the wind came up blowing from the side and it was beating up my wife. I just was wondering if the F4 will help on that.

I guess it's unanimous. If you ride in strong West Texas side winds then be prepared to take a beating. I've had my F-4 Custom for about 80,000 miles and the wind management is close to the OEM shield.

I will have to say the F-4 lives up to it's durability claim. I have a friend that just put one on his 1800 and mine is nearly as clear. I do have a couple road hazard nicks but for the most part it clean as can be.

No doubt they are expensive but I think the durability makes it worth the price. I figure I'll get at least another 20,000 out of this one which is WAY more the you could possibly get from an OEM shield.

I also had a Cee Bailey's on my '01 GL1800. It was a good shield for wind management but was very easily scratched. Would have had to replace it a couple times during the past 80,000 miles.

Ok that is what I was wanting to know. If you all had to do it all over would you have spent the extra money on the F4 windshiled?

When I get ready to replace my OEM windshield I may go F4 as I did on my last Wing I think??? Clarity and ease of cleaning was exceptional. But---- I could replace windshield with another brand TWICE for the cost of an F4.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

As I posted before, I love my F4 and if I need to buy another Trike my first purchase, if it doesn't have one, will be an F4+4 like I have now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png