Lehman Trikes Suspends Operations

I think one of the main reasons sales was down was HD bringing out the Tri Glide under their own mfg. Considering the cost of the conversion parts, paint and labor, it added up to quite a bit when you could buy a factory built HD.

It's a shame, as Lehman was one of the top hitters in the conversion arena. I hope they can pull something out.

2 bb

Harley also made sure you purchased a Tri Glide if you wanted a trike. If you tried to get financing on a new bike with a conversion ,they wouldnt do it unless it was a factory trike. They also did the same with their insurance -at least according to the dealer over here. And face it ,if you want a trike with a factory warranty and not one with a 50-50 shot of getting serviced on the road which would you buy. I love my Lehman, and totally have no respect for Mother Honda and her dealer network. And if and when I get another trike it wont be a Honda rest assured.

I surely hope so because they have a great product and some really great installers out there that service them.

I have a Lehman trike. I hope I can find someone to help me. With parts like belts and brake pads. I have called a few Lehman dealers and they have been of no help. I hope they get back going again.

Harley also made sure you purchased a Tri Glide if you wanted a trike. If you tried to get financing on a new bike with a conversion ,they wouldnt do it unless it was a factory trike. They also did the same with their insurance -at least according to the dealer over here. And face it ,if you want a trike with a factory warranty and not one with a 50-50 shot of getting serviced on the road which would you buy. I love my Lehman, and totally have no respect for Mother Honda and her dealer network. And if and when I get another trike it wont be a Honda rest assured.

I am not sure what message you are trying to convey other than you don't like Honda. Good luck with your Lehman.

When Harley started building the Tri Glide they made sure they were going to push lehman out of the picture. HD studied the trike issue for many years aquiring data on the kits and their contract with lehman was only for 2 years.The dealers basically gave you no warranty with a kitted trike as compared to a factory one. Forcing a lot of owners that wanted a trike to buy a new one versus kitting their bike that still had time on the warranty. And yes I have no remorse for Honda. To have a bike as nice as an 1800 Wing and to have such shoddy dealers to work on it is unexscusable. Trying to find a good dealer to work on your trike around here is hard,trying to find one that will work on a trike without screwing it up and screwing you also is like trying to find hens teeth.

To have a bike as nice as an 1800 Wing and to have such shoddy dealers to work on it is unexscusable. Trying to find a good dealer to work on your trike around here is hard,trying to find one that will work on a trike without screwing it up and screwing you also is like trying to find hens teeth.

Sounds like a handfull of Harley dealers I've come across.

I personally think it has nothing to do with Harley or Honda --- more with the culture of the time. Customer service is often set aside with businesses of all sorts these days. That's why we so much appreciate it when our members share where they got great service.

It is wonderful to find a good service place which really cares about their quality and their customers; maybe we can keep patronizing them to keep them in business.

So bring on the positive reviews!!!! :D

I personally think it has nothing to do with Harley or Honda --- more with the culture of the time. Customer service is often set aside with businesses of all sorts these days. That's why we so much appreciate it when our members share where they got great service.

It is wonderful to find a good service place which really cares about their quality and their customers; maybe we can keep patronizing them to keep them in business.

So you think that Lehman was lacking in customer service?

Nana,
this is one of the things I wish would come to fruition. A listing of Trike friendly service dealers whether they be Honda or independent shops. It would make life a lot easier for some of us when we need servicing done.

So you think that Lehman was lacking in customer service?

I don't think Lehman was lacking in customer service.. they were lacking in Customers! Once the Harley gig expired it got pretty tough for them to operate. Everyone on here had a smart mom or dad that used the "Eggs in one basket" line more than once.

I am not privileged to know all the workings at Lehman trike but, I do know a few people in the "business" and I do have an Accounting degree and many years of e-con under my belt. Some where along the way the Lehman Business model went south and in the current economy it's hard to do a 180 with out deep, deep pockets... That being said, unless you can restructure your debt, have a good steady revenue flow and or a bank that loves you.. you are going to have to scale way back, cross your fingers and hope for the best... And we all remember the "Wish in one hand and poop in the other" comment don't we?

Just my .02 cents and a whole lot of guessing! :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png