Wrenching and parts

Mar 18, 2012
Lombard IL
Is there a technicle section. I am looking for shock bushings for my wifes 1998 Suzuki Intruder 1400 Vagabond Lehman Trike. The bushings are wore out. I can't find a source or even find out what kind of shocks the bike has.
Thanks in advance

If they're chromed coil over shocks with chromed shrouds top and bottom, there's a good chance that Lehman used the stock Suzuki shocks from the donor bike, but that'd be my best guess.

I know a guy who used a pair of motorcycle shocks that he bought at a boneyard and he used 'em on his T-Bucket hot rod, so there's no reason regular m/c shocks couldn't bear the light weight of the fiberglass body of your trike.

There's a member here who's also a Lehman rep, been in the business for many years, very knowledgeable........handle is "Lee H. Mann". If you contact him or he sees this post, he should be able to field most all of your questions.

Good luck and Ride Safe...........ThumbUp

Is there a technicle section. I am looking for shock bushings for my wifes 1998 Suzuki Intruder 1400 Vagabond Lehman Trike. The bushings are wore out. I can't find a source or even find out what kind of shocks the bike has.
Thanks in advance

Obiejuan,
If I am not mistaken, the shocks used for the 1400 Vagabond were progressive shocks and had a steel bushing kit that went into the shock eye-ends. Is it the rubber that has worn out ? If so, you need new shocks.
I can try to do some research for a progressive changeover number on Monday. I won't do that if you have already solved the problem though. PM me.

Almost all eye to eye Progressive shocks have bushing kits rather than specific bushings already pressed in. I would look for some Progressive 12s and get some stout springs... I use some 145/190 springs on my Progressive 12s on my Triumph 13.5".... they were on a KZ1000E previously. They are pretty stiff and would probably work quite well on a trike due to the added weight. I got kind of carried away when I ordered them and they are pretty stiff for a street bike but really helped the ride of the Triumph over the stock 12.5 shocks which bottomed when you hit a pot hole.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png