Trailer hitch for a 2012 Tri Glide?

Jan 10, 2012
Bismarck, ND, USA
I am looking for a reciever type hitch for my new Tri Glide. I am looking at Bushtec, but they can't tell me which hitch will fit the 12 Trike. HD has changed the bolting pattern every year and they have three different hitches that work. Does anyone know of any other reciever type hitches? Thanks

Have a Rivco receiver trailer hitch for my 2009 Triglide. Bought it thru J&P cycles. Have a Rivco catalog, 2011 and newer hitch model # HD007-TG11 $299.95. Includes plug and play wiring harness. Have a toll free # 1 888 801 8222 or you can look online at www. rivcoproducts.com , hope this helps you.ThumbUp

I bought a hitch for our 2010 from Dauntless Motors and we are VERY happy with it! I just called them and they do have hitches available for a 2012 TG for $335.00, and they have 12 in stock! Their web address is dauntlessmotors.com and their telephone # is (360) 825-4610.... I cant say enough good things about this place!!ThumbUp

I have an MCHitch on my 2009 they were excellent to work with and make a quality product. I think they are listed on their site for $ 235.00. These guys actually build thier own stuff, so it's probably worth a phone call to see if they have the 2012 bolt pattern setup.

Their site has a pdf on the installation too, so you can get a preview of the work involved.

MCHITCH - Motorcycle Trailer Hitches

I have an MCHitch on my 2009 they were excellent to work with and make a quality product. I think they are listed on their site for $ 235.00. These guys actually build thier own stuff, so it's probably worth a phone call to see if they have the 2012 bolt pattern setup.

Their site has a pdf on the installation too, so you can get a preview of the work involved.

MCHITCH - Motorcycle Trailer Hitches

I have an MCHitch removed from my '10 Red TG when I traded for Big Blue. I was hoping that they can send me the pieces that make it fit a '12 TG. MCHitch is a VERY NICE hitch so I would rather keep the one I have than buy something else.

*Edited*

I just got off of the phone with MCHitch.

Good news: They make a 2012 TG hitch.

Bad news: 2010 hitch will not fit on a 2012.

Guess I'll have to sell the setup. I'll go find the invoice and see what it's worth. I only towed 90 miles with it before I traded for Big Blue.

PM me if you are interested.

Revco is the way to go. $254, including the plug-in wiring harness, with a discount from my local HD dealer. Only, have the dealer install it or have them loosen the rear support bolts for the hitch. They have tamper-proof bolts and are put in with locktight! (Voice of experience.)

Revco is the way to go. $254, including the plug-in wiring harness, with a discount from my local HD dealer. Only, have the dealer install it or have them loosen the rear support bolts for the hitch. They have tamper-proof bolts and are put in with locktight! (Voice of experience.)

I almost got the Rivco as it's a good deal, but MCHitch came out of the box with the ball height perfect for what I needed. Would have had to buy an optional one from Rivco to do the same thing.

Just a heads up for any one looking at MCHitch. I just got one for my 2012 and it doesn't fit. The mounts are 1" short. I am trying to get ahold of them, will let everyone know what they have to say. I will say the hitch looks top shelf, very nice finnish, and welds and it looks like a very simple install.

please help. am new to triking. i live in the uk. I have a 1990 fatboy lehmans. it is as new. been in storage for many years. has only 2400 miles on it and its genuine have past info from owner. I have fitted a socket for trailer electrics. But have got troubles. the indicators work fast and are dim when conected to trailer. the tail lights and brake lights tend to dim and brighten when indicators working. The switches on the handle bars don't stop on when you press them. you have to hold then on all the time to work them. my newer harley are self cancel or you can manually cancel. its has had fully chromed switch gear and master cylinder fitted so not as it came out of shop. can anybody advise me please

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png