tires worn out on my trailer by the time i got to florida

Apr 25, 2010
fort mohave ,az.usa
in my picture album you well see an escape trailer that i bought and took to Florida , great little trailer ,but i wore the tires slick after about 2500 miles , had 50lbs of air in it ,had to by new tires that were a 6 ply tire ,bought a tread gauge to keep watch on new ones coming home only had about 1/32 wear on it , had the opportunity to talk to another gentleman that has the same trailer and he got alot travel miles out of he,s stock tires just like what was on my trailer, has anyone else that might be familiar with this trailer ever heard of this problem , other then that its a great trailer ,just not making any since out the tires wearing out like that

Re: tires worn out on my trailer by the time i got to florida

We have over 15K on our Escapade with the original tires (we picked it up at the CSC factory in Virginia in June of 2010) with no noticeable wear. We routinely run it in the 70-80mph range, and have had it over all kinds of surfaces, from deep sand in Arizona to broken pavement & gravel in the western national parks. We'll keep an eye out, though . . .

Looks like the same wheel and tire combo I have on my Aluma, I have around 2800 miles on them with no noticeable wear.

Friend of mine has the same trailer. Had the same thing happen. Like it has already been suggested, check Toe and camber.

If they wore even acrossed the tread, I would say it was just a cheap tire. I bought a new 14x7 box trailer and the original bias ply tires didn’t last 1000 miles. Put a set of radials on it and never did wear them out.

If they wore even acrossed the tread, I would say it was just a cheap tire. I bought a new 14x7 box trailer and the original bias ply tires didn’t last 1000 miles. Put a set of radials on it and never did wear them out.

I have to agree, sounds like lousy tires, not anything wrong with the trailer itself.

I would check the Toe-in and Camber. I don't care what brand or type of tire you buy if those are out very much, the tire's will wear fast! Good luck!!!

If it was a toe-in or camber problem, the tire should have shown a irregular wear pattern or cupping long before the tire wore smooth. Some tires are just one step above a inner tube and are just simply cheap tires.

i'm thinking ot just a bad set of tires cause the new ones are still look like new and i did check the alignment as i called the company and they suggested that and told me how to do it and was ok . well my next big trip should tell the story as were getting ready to go on another one in a couple of months as soon as i know theres not going to be any weather issues up north around organ, and Idaho yellow stone . thanks guys and if anyone is thinking of getting a trailer to pull this one is a good one for the money i would recommend it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png