Rearend vent

I noticed a couple drops of oil on the garage floor under my moter trike today after I got back from a ride.
When I looked under it I noticed oil on the left side of the axel housing.
My first thought was that a axel seal was leaking, but when I took the wheel off I could see that the oil was coming from the axel housing vent.
I checked the oil level in the rearend and it was right to the bottom of the fill hole. Is it possable that it might have been a little over filled at the factory.:confused:
We have about four hundred miles on it.:D
THANK'S:yes:

I noticed a couple drops of oil on the garage floor under my moter trike today after I got back from a ride.
When I looked under it I noticed oil on the left side of the axel housing.
My first thought was that a axel seal was leaking, but when I took the wheel off I could see that the oil was coming from the axel housing vent.
I checked the oil level in the rearend and it was right to the bottom of the fill hole. Is it possable that it might have been a little over filled at the factory.:confused:
We have about four hundred miles on it.:D
THANK'S:yes:

Over-filling sounds like the culprit to me.

Took My trike into dealer to have the rearend and gearbox oil changed and they overfilled both. It's an '11 CSC Cobra XL I had oil under the trike in the garage and it was puking it out the vent on the top of the differential. Drained the oil out and made a gage out of a piece of coathanger. Bent the end down about 3/8" and put a mark on the end at 1/8" down from the bottom of the fill hole. That's the depth that CSC recommends from the bottom of the fill hole. Filled them both to that depth and no more rearend leaks. CSC does not recommend using any kind of synthetic gear oil in their rearend assemblies. Must have to do with the seals as I can't see what other problem synthetic grease would cause? Synthetic fluids withstand higher tempratures and in my opinion lubricate much better. Maybe I'm wrong?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png