Blow Drying your trike?

I have...seems to work fine. I generally just ride it up the Highway and blow the major amounts off everything, then come back and use my air compressor and a spray nozzle to get the "tight spots". Mine is ridden so much and so often, this doesn't get done very often anyway....;) ThumbUp

You've got to watch where you are trying to force the water to go. Seals and bearings can become problematic or fail if water is forced in.

I always blow mine off before hand washing-the dust will act as an abrasive when rubbed with a towell. rarely will I use a hose or go to the carwash-I think it promotes corrosion in the electrical and moving parts.

I bought an electric leaf blower to blow it dry at the campground but it was way to noisy. Was at the Harley shop and the guy washing the used bikes was using the "Air Force Blaster". He said it worked fine. So I ordered one, it should be there when we get back home.

A friend told me about the leaf blower approach and used it on the Royal, works great but even more since I ride a dirt road from house to paved road I pick up alot of dust from the gravel (try to drive at 15KM/hr). Then when back home use the blower (not on high speed) to remove dust then use wash and wax in a can and polish her up.
Just received the Nelson-Griggs trike cover. Very happy appears good quality. Up to 250 miles since delivered 9 days ago (trike) weather, work, and farm, Oh well.
Kinda like," lions, tigers and bears, Oh my".
Sorry couldn't help it, tis my favorite movie.

Take care.
Anthony

I have an old vacuum that the part inside the canister that holds the bag broke, but there is an air outlet that the hose can connect to. Cleaned it up, put an air filter in front of the outlet and somewhere found a rubber nozzle for the end of the hose. Viola! I have a car/bike drier. No heat, but it blows water off the vehicles. Didn't cost much, either.

I have one of those large Ingersoll-Rand air compressors in my garage for all of the air tools. (I use to work on cars. Very rarely now). I've had this unit for quite some time, way before I bought my trike. I think she has a 60 gallon tank.

With that said, I just stand back from the trike a bit and use the air chuck. The compressor is a bit noisy, but it definitely "blows"! LOL :laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png