Belly Tank

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
I was looking into various options to increase my fuel capacity. I have a 97 Standard Valkyrie with a Motor Trike conversion and the Dragon pack exhaust (4" truck stacks). I was looking at the belly tank R & M Works offers.

R&M Works, Inc Valkyrie Belly Tank

Do any of you know if this can be installed on my Trike or know of someone who has installed one?

OK MHO for what it is worth. A lot of work and $$$ for 3 gallons of gas and extending ride 75 to 100 miles or so. My but is looking for a rest after 140 anyway. Co rider even before that for sandbox break. Putting heat and a drill to a tank scares me. Possible leak from bad solder joint scares me even more. With a trike seems like you can get a better gas tank storage unit than that.

I owned a 98 Valkyrie, loved the bike but it didn't get the best milage and it wasn't even triked. It was before becoming disabled and I commuted 76 miles each way to work. I would have put one of those belly tanks on in a heart beat, but it wasn't availible back then. The price is a little steep, but that extra range would have been worth it to me. I'm even putting an auxilary tank on my Fatboy trike. Just my 2 cents.

Another thing, I like the fact that it doesn't take up any trunk space or have to be mounted on the luggage rack like some tanks.........OK thats enough from me..:)

OK I lied, one more thing. Rich, I had built a set of those exhaust useing the truck stacks and a couple of cherry bomb mufflers. Fantastic sound and looks. Ran great too.........

I hear ya FB.

I'm still mulling over what to do. I really, REALLY,,, lol,,,,, wanted that fuel gauge option along with the increased capacity of the IS tank. It looks like the belly tank can be added to the trike in the same manner as a regular bike, but,, no fuel sender for that gauge I want. Putting the IS tank on is sooooo much easier and probably cheaper.

Regarding the exhaust, it really does sound FANTASTIC! I have Ernies Valkyrie Dragon Packs with the 18" small bore glass packs installed. Talk about a mellow quality sound with an increasing growl as you throttle up.

Last edited:
Just to bring an end to this subject, I finally did install an Interstate Tank on the Valkyrie and also bought the motosen fuel gauge that's specifically made for it (along with a complete set of the other motosen gauges while I was at it. lol)

The tank was re-painted to match the trike and I also added a beautiful decal of the Queen Valkyrie, 'Freyja', on the tank during the painting process so her image is under the clear coat. She really looks good! :)

I'll be posting pictures in the Garage section soon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png