Brake Help PLEASE RS

Aug 27, 2011
Omaha NE USA
im going Nuts i need some one elses imput

have a 2002 Ultra Classic that has a Roadsmith Kit put on it

last year i started to notice that the pedal was not as high as i though it should be. so bought a "Custom Chrome" Master Cylinder and put that on

well when spring came around and my Back healed up enought to go work on it found that it leaked all the fluid out so refilled and bled the brakes again came out next day and it leaked all the fluid out

so bought a NEW HD master Cylinder (bye the way its was Cheaper than the Custom Chrome one) again bled the brakes this time NO LEAKS but still had the issue with the pedal not being FULL (up to the top of the Travel) till you pumped it up once or twice then GREAT Pedal

i have Replaced the Residual Valve (2 lb psi) TWICE

was very suspicious of the Left caliper and put on a new one of those

Bled the Brakes i dont know how many times NO AIR that i can see

yes im using DOT 5 like the manual says to use on that model

today stopped bye and was going to take it for a quick spin and hit the pedal and it goes all the way to the Crash Bar pump it twice and have Great Brakes

let it sit 10 min and the pedal goes about 3/4 of the way down

pump twice Great pedal heighth

What am i missing why does this happen

Bye the way the bike was just sitting not moving at all so that rules out any lateral movement of the Rotors causeing the pads to move back in

NEW Pads also almost forgot that

PLEASE somebody help

Re: Brake Help PLEASE

hi sorry for your probs but do you have a high spot in one of your pipes like is it looped up over something if so this would give you a high spot and air trapped and you will not **** it something to try
cheers arch

Here is something you can try that is free and works a lot of times with the problem you are having.
Get some kind of heavy weight,a brick,small sledge hammer,any thing 5-10 lbs.and tie a short piece rope or strap to it.Have someone pump the pedal to get pressure on it and suspend the weight on the pedal to hold it down.you want to leave the weight on the pedal overnight or about 12 hours.When time is up,release the pedal slowly until its all the way returned.Don't pump it.Top off the fluid level,replace cover,then see if pedal is as it should be.
What this does,with the weight on the pedal,is to allow any trapped air pockets to be sucked back to the mastercylinder and disolve under the filler cap.
Hope this works,at least its free.
Sonny

Damn! I am having the same problem on my 2006 GL1800 Hannigan. I have bleed the brakes, filled the brake reservoir. Fifteen minutes later the pedal is all the way down. Pump once it is back in position. My reservoir is higher than my calipers. Do you think installing a relief valve would help or just go for a new master cylinder or both?

Thanks for the help in advance
Pat

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png