Heated Grips Question

Feb 22, 2011
Brocton,NY,USA
Hi All. I hope this is the right place to be asking this question.
I have a GL1800 Champion IRS with the comfort package. I have gotten used to having the heated grips for both the cold mornings in the early spring and fall as well as using them when it rains while riding.
I also have a Kawasaki Nomad that I am putting back on the road this year and I am looking for opinions from others who already use aftermarket heated grips, What they like and what they don't like.
I have been searching the web for different types but I haven't found anything with good reviews. I know that on this forum we have a very diverse group of riders and I have gotten a lot of good information from the people here.
I have searched here but this is something I don't think anyone has asked before.

Thanks

Your post has reminded me that I need to get heated grips for the Kwaka now the weather is getting cooler. The only ones I had in the past were cheap pads that I wrapped around the outside of the grips. I covered them in leather strips that were laced in place. They came up looking good and worked brilliantly. A 2 way toggle switch ( Hot-Off-Too Hot ) was put in the fairing to operate.

I'm digging out this topic and brushing off the cobwebs in hopes that someone can add some helpful info. It's getting cooler in the evenings and my hands get cold!

Do you use heated grips? If so, do you like them? What aftermarket grips / features work well? Thanks!

I do not have them. I have used them on the trike we just sold. I am not nuts about them in the cold, they seem to always be too hot for me. I loved them in the rain. Once the wet gloves get hot it feels great. I have a set of heaters that I can install on my 1997 Goldwing. The were made for a snowmobile. I just get myself to remove the end weights in the bars and fool with the grips.also need a good rheostat to control the heat. Maybe someday.

I have a 2011 TG that I put heated grips on and really like them. They are HD brand and have a rheostat in the left grip going from "0" (off) to 6. Most of the time when I use them it is set around 1 to 3. This past weekend we did a Fall Color Ride over to Grand Rapids, MN and then Duluth and up the North Shore. Temps in the mornings were around the 38 to 42 deg. range and the heated grips keep the hands warm. I will say the back of the hand will be a bit colder but the heat into your palms will keep the hands warm. Even when the temps are in the 50's it's nice to have a little heat on the hands. An option is the electric gloves. I know a couple guys that have those and do like them as the whole hand keeps warm.

What they don't like is having to plug on unplug all the time and you need to have a heated vest or jacket liner to plug the gloves into. We do have the heated jacket liners and they are nice on those cold mornings.

2011 Merlot and Black TG, lift kit, deflectors, LED headlight and taillights, heated grips, LRS recurve flattop windshield, stage 1 with CVO slipons and PCV tuner and of course some bling.

Both our bikes have heated grips from the factory. I really like them when the temps go below 45......even more when below 30. I can't imagine riding in cold weather without heated grips.
The K1600 has heated seats that I have used one time. Nice but not a real must have in my opinion.

OMG heated grips and heated gloves and heated jackets and heated seats -- I never knew of all these things. I need to find a good aftermarket catalog and start my wish list!!

I had Oxford Heaterz when I had my Suzuki Boulevard. They worked great. Now I have the Heat Demons put in my Harley. Love those too. I have long fingers and so the tips don't always get warm because they're not touching the grips. I need to readjust my hand position to get my fingertips warm. Hubby has heat grips that came with his Ultra Limited and he loves them.

I put the heat demons on a 2011 HD Road Glide Ultra I had, they were excellent and looked like a factory install. I also had heat demons for a ATV and again they worked excellent.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png