i know i'm not the only one here....

Motor Trike

Hi Dwight,

I am curious as to what you think of the Motor trike versus the Lehman. I am triking my UC pretty quick ad a shopping around. I currently have a Voyager kit but I think I want something better. I have talked to the Harley dealer who sales the Lehman and to an Independant that sale Motor trikes. I am leaning toward the Motor Trike but would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks,
Dwight

Attachments

• Texarkana Tex Pic.jpg
    Texarkana Tex Pic.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 35
California Sidecar Trike

Just to throw another monkey into the mix, I talked to some people who ride the California Sidecar Trike. They say it is a great ride, handles superb, and is the best ride in their opinion. I talked to a former Lehman and Champion dealer who now only sales California Sidecar and he says that after he started installing the CS, he wasn't selling any of the others and eventually dropped them. So I am curious as to what non-dealer people think.

Well I rode the Lehman and really liked the ride. It cornered well and steered very easily. I talked to several other trikers and they liked the Lehman as well. I was really surprised when a red one followed me home. Can't wait to get her broke in.

Got some ridin time in today and hit the 500 mile mark, the engine is finally starting to free up and the ride is getting better as I learn how to corner and feel the limits of the trike. Wife and I feel really secure on this ride. Almost like riding on two wheels again.

Congradulations on the new trike.I am really glad to hear you talk about feeling secure on the ride.My wife and I are looking forward to our trike and that is one of the main reasons for converting our ultra.The kit is supposed to be shipped friday.You talked about it steering easy,does it have the rake kit on it?

Sharing

New to Trike Talk:D

Been ridin for over 50 years, all two wheel Harleys till May 2006, I actually bought our trike for my wife, but now she has to share. When I want to be spoiled a bit I ride the trike.

Hi guys & gals! I've built (from scratch) a number of trikes over the years, ranging from a Honda CX500 to a Daimler 2.5 litre auto (that was a sweeeet trike). My latest project is to trike my old Harley FXRS, which I'll be doing over the winter. I don't want to use a ready-made kit, so I wondered if anyone out there had already built their own Harley trike and, if so, what axle did you use. Or even, if someone has used a kit, what axle was in it? I want to get the gearing right as, traditionally, I've used Reliant axles (apart from the Daimler, which had a Volvo axle), but they have the wrong ratio, as Harley's have a different front to back pulley ratio, to chain or shaft bikes. Anyone got any ideas? I'm in the UK, so won't be able to use US vehicles, but if I know what works, I can find something similar.
Anyway, here's a picture of the Daimler!View attachment 119

Great to have you here, I just bought a Ultra Classic with a Lehman kit. It was the first one the my local Harley Shop has sold so they are not up to speed on the Lehman kit. I have added a stage one setup and am finding the two wheel bikes seem to slow me down in the corners. Isn't it great to be on three wheels? I just rode over the mountains lastweekend, 15 foot snow drifts on top, temp went from 77 to 37, but the curvey road was lots of fun. You ever get up this way, let's go for a ride.

New Guy on here.
I have a 2001 ultra that I turned into a trike in 2003. I have 61,000 miles on it so far. Its a DFT kit with independent suppension. I'm currently waiting for one of the Harley Tri-Glides, but it doesn't look good for anything soon.

New Guy on here.
I have a 2001 ultra that I turned into a trike in 2003. I have 61,000 miles on it so far. Its a DFT kit with independent suppension. I'm currently waiting for one of the Harley Tri-Glides, but it doesn't look good for anything soon.

Welcome to TrikeTalk! So glad you found us and hope you are a regular and active participant! Post some pictures in the GARAGE for us to see you and your ride.
My husband and I test drove a TriGlide this summer --- very nice! But everyone does say there is a wait for one. Does your dealer have you on a list, or is it just first-come/first-served there?

Welcome to TrikeTalk! So glad you found us and hope you are a regular and active participant! Post some pictures in the GARAGE for us to see you and your ride.
My husband and I test drove a TriGlide this summer --- very nice! But everyone does say there is a wait for one. Does your dealer have you on a list, or is it just first-come/first-served there?
I put a deposit on one, but I think there are two ahead of me. My dealer just got there first one this week, which is a month later than most dealers. So its not looking good for a while.

New to triking, I installed a Trike Shop kit on my 07 Ultra this fall. My wife and I think it's great. Only have about 2k on the trike, but plan on putting on many more.

I have a TriGlide on order. It should be here Dec. or Jan. Was supposed to be here this month. Found out that the front end is being built this week. YAHOO!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png