Rear Rotors

performance machine has a kit...the newer harley rotors and pads are better also I found out..

mine were groved and worn after 4000 miles and just replaced them..

The pads were coming off in patches..Something is not right with the brakes from earlier years..

What year is yours? Mine is an 11. I replaced the pads at 14000 miles with Lyndals. That got rid of the noise for a while, but it's coming back. My rotors are pretty grooved up. Would just to get something that lasts longer.

What year is yours? Mine is an 11. I replaced the pads at 14000 miles with Lyndals. That got rid of the noise for a while, but it's coming back. My rotors are pretty grooved up. Would just to get something that lasts longer.
I have a 2010 and just put the lindals on with the new harley rotors..Not sure how well the lyndalls stop until I break them in..DP brake sells pads for the TRI Glide and that is the supplier for Performance Machine I been reading..

I kknow there has been ugrades of some sort to the rotors and pads..The new harley pads look alot better but I have not tested them yet..

performance machine has a kit...

The Performance Machine rotors are 11.5" and if I remember right they require a 18" rim. I replaced the rotors on mine with the new HD rotors while doing the PM stage 1 kit, only time and mileage will tell how well things work out.

I've heard a few people mention the "new" HD rotors. Do you have an idea of when the "new" ones started to be used? I have an '11 that was built in Dec '10.
Take a look at your rotor and it has a number..If it has a letter like "A" or "B" after the number then it has been revised in someway..

I think the nwer rotors have a "A" after the harley part number

The newer brake pads have a "B" after the part number. So most likley it has been revised twice in some way..

I've heard a few people mention the "new" HD rotors. Do you have an idea of when the "new" ones started to be used? I have an '11 that was built in Dec '10.

I think the rotors were updated in 2011, the master cylinder and rear brake calipers were updated in 2011, so you'll have all that.
Butch

The Performance Machine rotors are 11.5" and if I remember right they require a 18" rim. I replaced the rotors on mine with the new HD rotors while doing the PM stage 1 kit, only time and mileage will tell how well things work out.
If I remember correctly you can still use your Harley rotors and just get the caliper kit they sell..

If I remember correctly you can still use your Harley rotors and just get the caliper kit they sell..

They sell a Stage 1 kit which comes with mounting hardware to mount the new rear calipers and it also comes with a new master cylinder. Right now I would hold off buying their Stage 1 or Stage 2 kit until the master cylinder fitment issue has been resolved.

They sell a Stage 1 kit which comes with mounting hardware to mount the new rear calipers and it also comes with a new master cylinder. Right now I would hold off buying their Stage 1 or Stage 2 kit until the master cylinder fitment issue has been resolved.
Is there a clearance issue on the master cylinder??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png