LED Lighting

I have recently changed my lighting on my 2006 Electra Glide to LED's. I replaced my 7" headlight and the two 4 3/4" driving lights.I bought the new lights at a truck parts store.The new lights are made by Truck-Lite lighting.These new lights are exellent at night providing extended night riding vision far more than the standard Halogen bulbs.Daytime riding makes you much more visable in traffic, almost dazzeling lighting.This is just an FYI for those intrested in this type of lighting and visabilty at about half the price of the HD lighting.

tryker, do you remember the part numbers you bought? I would like to change over to LED as well before heading to Sturgis later this year. Was there anything else that you had to do for ten to work for you? Thanks for your help.

Jason

The part numbers from Truck-Lite are #80240 for the 4 3/4" and #27250 for the 7 inch headlight.The smaller ones are 8 LED's at 500 lumes each and the 7 inch is 10 LED's at 1300 lumes on high beam.Cost around 450 to 500 dollars. I also understand Truck-Lite has a newer style 7 inch headlight that may be worth asking about.Truck-lite ph# (800)562-5012 all of these lights have the proper plugs on the wiring for ease of installation.Good luck I think you wont be disapointed any questions call Truck-Lite they are very helpful.Almost any semi-truck parts store should sells this line of lighting.

Sounds like tryker has the phase 6 lights from TruckLite, as do I. I'm very happy with them. They are not only incredibly bright, they make your bike very visible to on-coming motorists, especially during daylight hours when this is most important. I've read a review of the new phase 7 lights (that use a single LED per bulb) and they are not as visible during daylight hours, though they are not as "ugly" as the phase 6 lights when not illuminated. To me, how the lights look when the bike is parked is not nearly as important as how they look when motoring down the road.

Trike_24.jpg

Lights_05.jpg

You are correct John C. This is a phase 6 headlight from Truck-Lite. I also find them extreemly bright going down the road.I have had people who know me and my trike tell me how visible they are in traffic from oncomming or following the vehicle from a distance behind them. Its to bad that the Harley people are'nt more real with their prices for their LED set-up.Maybe more riders could afford to change over,if not all lights at once maybe one or the other.but its nice to have this alternative. To me its all about being seen on the road, these lights can save lives.

I'm just curious. Do you guys with these LED's get car flashing their high beams at you? That tends to hurt my eyes at night. Very annoying even when my stock low beam and bluish stock wattage spots are on.

I'm just curious. Do you guys with these LED's get car flashing their high beams at you? That tends to hurt my eyes at night. Very annoying even when my stock low beam and bluish stock wattage spots are on.

I can speak for the Trucklite Phase 7s only. They have a VERY distinct horizon. Very bright, but the beam is very focused. Even the passing lights have a distinct horizon and very wide and bright. I haven't been flashed in several evenings of night riding. Yet it's like driving in a hundred yards of daylight.

Bikerbozo I have ridden only a couple times in early evening but still dark enough to need lighting to see. I have had no headlight flashes as of yet,but I try to adhere to the first rule of night riding . That is (Don't) unless you have too! My main intent was to be as visible on the roadway during the day as I could be.I found by just adding the two driving lights was more than I expected in a pleasant way.The headlight was added a week later because the halogen looked very dull next to the other two.I do agree with TheBobs it is light driving into a hundred yards of light that stays with you.