TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail

Oh... about the 6' chicken out front of the Texaco. Word is, best to stay clear of it. The one armed grounds guy will run after you with a broom if you mess with it.

But.. I have no knowledge since I've never been to North Carolina.

Rats, not sure whether I ever responded to this, Mattel. Is it too late to count us in for the trolley ride?

I looked back to see if I signed up yet? I thought I had. Can we get added to the Tolley ride? Sorry for being so slow. My friends from Birmingham are not able to make it this time.

2 more weeks is Thunder Beech. WooHoo.
4 more weeks The Dragon . Hang on tight baby!!:D

I hear the low tonight will be 31* up there. They have been averaging lows in the 30 to 40*. Long range forecast show no change in higher temps.

Higher elevations will be colder than expected during the days as well with temperature changes as much as 20* less than the valley areas. Look for 50* or lower temps at high altitudes during the days on the Sky Way and treat shaded wet patches as black ice when riding.

In other words....Bring your woollies. :yes:

I'll be up there the weekend before. If I can find a computer I will chime in and let you guys know the conditions and forecast.

Thanks for the heads-up on the temps, Reksul! We'll watch for your up-close-and-personal experience with it in a couple of weeks :).

Testing blackberry post. This is just a test to see if I am smart enough not to need a putter when gone. Gone is relative OK?

Gone is relative, but smart may be too..... who knows. However, your test shows up, so maybe your relatives passed along some good genes to you ;)

This weekend will mark the three week countdown for the gathering in Asheville and the ride at the Dragon! :yay: It is almost here !!!!!

I am so much looking forward to meeting the group that has already signed up for it, and so much hoping some others decide to join us. It's not too late....ever! So come on down!

nana when in may is trike talk raly. and do we meet at the dragon tail.

Hi John! Hope you can join us :D.
Go to the first post in this thread and you will find all the details including the motels where the group is meeting. There are a couple of people who will be with us in Asheville, but can't go to the Dragon Tail, and a couple who cannot come until the Dragon Tail! We don't mind....we'd just like to have as many join up as possible! This is only our second "rally", so we are still a small group, and it should be lots of fun. Let me know if you can come or if there are any questions you didn't find answers for in the previous posting.

John...one more thing... I am bringing a FEW TrikeTalk t-shirts for sale. If you think you might want one, PM me your size and your preference for the Goldwing logo or the Harley cruiser style logo and I will make sure I bring one with me. If you look at it and want it, you can buy it from me there and save the shipping costs.

TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail (May15-17th)

Two more weeks until our TT-2 Rally

Friday, May 15 (Asheville NC) see Asheville!
Friday, May 15--meet at the Red Roof Inn (details below)
Dinner together (restaurant to be announced)
Saturday, May 16
Breakfast (options to be announced)
Meet at Grove Park Inn for Museums & that is where we pick up the
Trolley Tour Asheville Historic Trolley
Group ride to the Tail of the Dragon
Conquer the Tail of the Dragon!!
Phillips Motel, Robbinsville, NC (details below)
Sunday, May 17
Breakfast (options to be announced
Head home, or stay and ride some more in the Smokey Mountains with some of us!

We will have a rain date incase rain is forcasted.

Nana, can you post an updated list of attendies?

Re: TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail (May15-17th)

Hi guys,

I hope your trip to the Smokies is great. MJ and I are here now. We started on Tuesday past, at the south end of the Blue Ridge Parkway and rode all the way to the north end of the Blue Ridge Prk. We continued on to the north end of the Skyline Dr. We then turned around and rode back. We are in Cherokee tonight. Will do 1 day of riding around here and 2 days in Helen Ga. before heading back to Key Largo Fl. We all ready have more than 2k on each of the trikes and expect 1k more before they see the garage in KL.

Suggest a visit to the BlueRidge Pwy web site for those coming from the north to your gathering. There are 3 detours to be aware all north of Asheville, with the longest starting just North of Asheville for about 30 miles north.

South of Asheville is open and really the best ride of the whole parkway.

The weather has been wet, light to moderate rain, foggy (wet in the fog) and somewhat cool, really cool at 6k ft. at the high point on the parkway. There has been very nice weather also. About 50/50. So remember to bring warm clothes (we had on long underware also) and rain gear unless there is a big change in 2 weeks. Be prepared for fogging of your glasses/goggles if the weather is like it is now. Also for the "Stallion" owners I would suggest "anti-fog on the inside of the windshield and rain-x on the outside. We did not and MJ's fogged up real bad in the cloads and fog areas. She could not see thru it.

Had to stop several times to wipe even in the rain.

Still the riding has been super. There is a ride called the "Snake" NW of Boone NC. between Mountain City Tn and Shady Vally Tn. on US 421 that is very much like the "Dragon" just not as popular. Now we have done both of them several times.

I hope you guys have as much fun as we have. These are great trike roads. Traffic has really been light on weekdays and not really much more on the weekend.

Ted and MJ

Re: TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail (May15-17th)

Ted, thanks for the update on the roads and the weather for us! I'm sure we will be cool on our weekend there too, but I know we will have fun :D. I can't wait!

Well... what can I say?

We bailed out on the Dragon this week and headed to Savannah. Lots of sunshine and Old No 7, seafood is great too. We met several others there on two wheels (me too) and took some fantastic rides under the Spanish moss.

Depending on the weather, again, I may head to the Phillips Sat to hang with you guys. Will have to see what Mother Nature says though.

I'll ask her to grant clear weather for you guys for a most wonderful trip. :yes:

I love Savannah! There is another good place for a group get-together sometime!!!!!

I'll ask her to grant clear weather for you guys for a most wonderful trip. :yes:
Thanks for that, Reksul! :D

And yes, let's all plan a meet in Savannah sometime--lovely city, delicious food and *ahem* libations, beautiful scenery in the surrounding area. Glad to hear y'all had a nice time there, Reksul.

(Every time I respond to your posts, I want to ask what your handle means. Hmmm......)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png