TrikeTalk Rally-2 at the Dragon Tail

Uh Huh :D :D :D.
She was (quite rightfully) very proud of herself...Afterall, Florida has NO curves like that to practice on, and she has only had that trike a couple of months. She hung right there with the rest of us :)

Juju rocks! She was sticking to that road like a pro! The trip was lots of fun and I can't wait to meet up with everybody again! I have my pictures posted now as well. Enjoy!
Nana and Mike - great video, thanks for posting it!

Just checking in quickly via a friend's computer. We arrived safely in Chattanooga (our overnight stop) late yesterday afternoon, after a route suggested by Mike that took us over the gorgeous Cherohala Skyway, then eventually to route 74 and on to Chattanooga. We, too, experienced intermittent rain, along with fog, and cold--though the cold was mostly due to being wet. Still, it was a great ride along the skyway, and we stopped for several photos at varying altitudes--I'll post them when we get home. Also, rte. 74 along the Ocoee River is scenic, and twisty, and fun, even in a light drizzle.

We head home to Pensacola tomorrow morning, and I'll post in more detail, along with pix, once we're settled in. Looking forward to a nice dry ride home tomorrow!

Nana, Mattel, us129photos dot com already has some of our photos posted, though I didn't see any at Killboy yet.

Holy mackerel, did we EVER have a great time--can't wait to do it again!

I can see the camera. HD ruled the dragon and the only trikes I saw in the 200 pictures i looked at were the 3 of u

I could not decide who had the biggest grin . My vote ( after a flip of a coin ) goes to JUJU ( it is a newbee grin );):yes:

I could not decide who had the biggest grin . My vote ( after a flip of a coin ) goes to JUJU ( it is a newbee grin );):yes:
Newbee grins ROCK! :D

*sap alert*
That I was able to do so well and have so much fun on this, my first long trip on my trike, is owing largely to the helpful information, support, generosity, thoughtful discussion, and plain, good-hearted friendliness provided so openly by the members of this forum. Thanks to one and all.
*sap ended*

Below are links for Killboy.com -- the original Dragon photographer -- Mattel's Stallion, my yellow Fat Boy, and Juju's silver VTX are on pages 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6

PhotoReflect

Mike and Earl are on Page 34 & 35 at the following link (Earl's Road King is red and Mike's Charcoal Gray Street Glide follows him)

PhotoReflect

Newbee grins ROCK! :D

*sap alert*
That I was able to do so well and have so much fun on this, my first long trip on my trike, is owing largely to the helpful information, support, generosity, thoughtful discussion, and plain, good-hearted friendliness provided so openly by the members of this forum. Thanks to one and all.
*sap ended*

Juju, you looked just like my wife 15 years ago. Ah, I'll explain that.:) She hadn't made any trips with real curves, then I took her down the "Pig Trail". just as curvey as Deal's Gap, but much shorter. Good learning experience.
As I was watching the video, I swear I could see you improve as the curves came by. You got smoother, and picked your lines better as your ride went on. Gloria did the same as we rode the twisties on that first trip through the Ozarks. Seeing the confidence and proficiency increase like that is fun to watch.:yes:

Below are links for Killboy.com -- the original Dragon photographer -- Mattel's Stallion, my yellow Fat Boy, and Juju's silver VTX are on pages 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6

PhotoReflect

Mike and Earl are on Page 34 & 35 at the following link (Earl's Road King is red and Mike's Charcoal Gray Street Glide follows him)

PhotoReflect
Great pix--and thanks for locating those, Nana!

Found some more pix of Mike and Earl on pages 61 and 62 of the Cruiser thumbnails.

I had such a great time at the Dragon! I had a great weekend with all of you! We rode close to 10 hours on our Stallion including the Dragon, and I have to say I did not even notice it the next day. Bella has been planning a trip to the Snake. This weekend we are working on our Mt. House (Piper Run).

The restaurants were good eating (except for the chicken nugget). I have to expand on that one. We were in Chimney Rock with Nana & Mike. We stopped at the restaurant that had home cooking in Chimney Rock named Laura's. I ordered the Chicken dinner (9.00). It came with choice of white or dark, with two veggies. The waitress brought out a large white plate with two veggie dishes and a small fried looking nugget about the size of a silver dollar. She said that was all I was getting! It had all the bones in it too! Needless to say I was not happy. Mike did not like his Chili either. That is the last time I am going back there! We had good eating the rest of the weekend.

The road from Lake Lure to Asheville was great. Plenty of twisties. The Blue ridge parkway was a disappointment! But the road to the Dragon was very good.

Bella and I had a wonderfully weekend. We enjoyed meeting everyone. We look forward to riding with Third Wheel (George & Deloris) soon. It was great to see Mike & Natalie again. Nana can sure ride ( I learned that this weekend!), It was a pleasure to finally meet Mike, Juju & and Earl (I want to be like Earl when I grow up....if I ever grow up). It was also nice to meet Wayne for dinner. I would also like to give a shout out to the Belly dancer!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png