Answers to Trike Questions from "Those People".....

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Answers to Trike Questions from "Those People".....

Ever get some of "Those People" asking You questions about why You ride a Trike. "MOST" Folks are really, really nice, but there are "Those"...here are a few that "asked with attitude" and some of my responses over the last coupla' years.....

(1) Why You ridin' a 3-Wheeler skuuter, You get Hurt..."It's a Trike, not a Wheelchair"

(2) Why didn't You just get a Car..."Why didn't You"

(3) I bet You wish You could still ride a 2-wheeler, huh..."I bet You wish You could learn to"

(4) I always heard those things turn over easy, I've always been afraid of em'..."It's not mine that has a skinned up tank, grip, and seat"

(5) They say Those Things are hard to ride, I think I'll stick to my 2-wheeler..."I'd keep it simple too if I were You"

(6) Have You ever owned a Real Motorcycle..."Have You"

(7) I bet 1800cc ain't enough to wag that much Load around is it..."I'll bet Yours feels the same way a lota' days"

(8) You're an awfully little Feller to be ridin' such a Big Motorsickle..."Guess Yours must be at least 5000cc then if we're supposed to buy em' by Owner size"

(9) We don't like to have Trikes parked by Our Motorcycles..."Why, do Ya'll drop em' a lot"

(10) I think Someone oughta' be a lot bigger than You to ride Big Motorcycles..."I think Someone oughta' have a higher IQ than You to ride Big Motorcycles"

(11) You must really like being in debt to own something like that, all I've ever owned were cheap economy cars, never cared for that kind of extravagance..."I hope you continue to enjoy Your dull existance"

(12) You should own a 2-wheeler like I have..."You should own several hundred like I have"

(13) Those Things are the most over-priced Motorcycles there are..."Second most, I just looked at Yours"

Yeah, some of em' are just "Those People".....:D ;) ThumbUp

Reactions: CAG
Re: Answers to Trike Questions from "Those People".....

These answers are the sole opinions and property of skuuter and in no way reflect the opinion of TRIKE TALK.com or TRIKE OWNERS INTERNATIONAL or Their respective Other STAFF Members.........:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh man.... if they are your sole property, I guess I'd better ask your permission before I use my favorite one: #9 made me crack up :D

I hope this thread doesn't end up like the silliness on the reverse trike forums about how boohoo, No one respects my trike and no one thinks I'm a real honest to goodness rootin tootin biker especially them Harley guys.:Trike1:

I hope this thread doesn't end up like the silliness on the reverse trike forums about how boohoo, No one respects my trike and no one thinks I'm a real honest to goodness rootin tootin biker especially them Harley guys.:Trike1:

That's not likely here, Rhino. We all appreciate trikes of ALL sorts here! Big ones, little ones, funky ones, reverse ones, home made ones........ All of them are special, and we just want to celebrate them all!

That's not likely here, Rhino. We all appreciate trikes of ALL sorts here! Big ones, little ones, funky ones, reverse ones, home made ones........ All of them are special, and we just want to celebrate them all!

ThumbUpThumbUp

I love it! I get it all the time about my big beast being a "show dog" or "wny didn't I just build a car". "Those Folks" just don't get it! Your answers are perfect!

Good list Skuuter. If you don't mind I'd like to add one.

When some find out you own a Motorcycle, they start telling you morbid stories about all the people that were killed or hurt badly riding one. Yeah, people get killed in automobiles too!

It has been difficult for me to wrap my mind around my upcoming 3 wheel riding dynamic-I know there is a stigma that fat old guys ride em! Well guess what--I am that guy:AGGHH: this being revealed, I don't know how I will handle any BS associated with riding my trike. Maybe I will end up assalting some bastid with my cane, and spend the summer in jail or sumpin. Bottom line- I must train myself to just not give a sh!t what rude clowns think.:Trike1::mad:

seems like in every "class" of rider there is some type of animosity:

Harley riders never cared for "rice riders" and vice versa
even within the different level of Harleys there are snide remarks made.
I am sure there are in some Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki circles as well.

A real good friend of my brothers picked on me the other day about my trike and said he had heard "rumor" that I had gotten too old to ride two wheels anymore....I told him no, I was preparing for when I DO get old.

Personally I could give a hairy rats arse what anyone thinks, I don't ride for them anyway.....didn't buy the darn thing for them.....bought it for myself and my wife so we could enjoy our rides a lot more.

I would venture a guess that some of those very same folks may be on three wheels some day

by the way, I am "only" 57 and I AIN'T fat!

Like I have said before, I feel a lotta folks talk smack about our Trikes because they don't have one. Either can't afford it or don't wanna take crap from their buddies. There are some great answers from the Skuut above, but I have never got a chance to use any of 'em! I will try and remember some of them for future use though. Specially #9... I will be waiting for that one and may be able to incorporate that answer to fit other comments too. Last week at my HD dealer a guy traded in an 09 black TG with more chrome than a decked out Peterbilt on a '12 Big Blue. Yesterday they sold that Black bike in 30 minutes after they put it on the floor. Almost had a bidding war! And you shoulda seen the crowds around the 5 Trikes they had sittin' there. I think people are jealous of us Tri-pods!

seems like in every "class" of rider there is some type of animosity:

Harley riders never cared for "rice riders" and vice versa
even within the different level of Harleys there are snide remarks made.
I am sure there are in some Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki circles as well.

A real good friend of my brothers picked on me the other day about my trike and said he had heard "rumor" that I had gotten too old to ride two wheels anymore....I told him no, I was preparing for when I DO get old.

Personally I could give a hairy rats arse what anyone thinks, I don't ride for them anyway.....didn't buy the darn thing for them.....bought it for myself and my wife so we could enjoy our rides a lot more.

I would venture a guess that some of those very same folks may be on three wheels some day

by the way, I am "only" 57 and I AIN'T fat!

I like your post but oddly enough, I haven't gotten one negative remark about converting to a Trike. I have some knee problems but nothing that would keep me off a bike. Hard to believe after putting over 150 K miles on a bikes hopefully I can ride another 150 K on my Trike, Glad I had the money to do the conversion and extra extra happy I did. See you all in MV. Come on June 21th. Ride Safe!!!

mine is ...

What is that umbrella thing...sooo i just tell them

Well what that is exactly is an umbrella / park brake
when i am stopped it is a park brake but when i am riding there is a moisture sensor and when it starts to rain it just pops up a big old umbrella to cover me and my passenger so we don't even need rain gear.

haha then they really don't know what to think

...and We're as diverse and appreciative as it gets when it comes to EVERY Kind and Brand of Trike here at TRIKE TALK.com...we even have a Motorcycle and Scooter Forum for Everyone's Enjoyment.....ThumbUp :10:

Skuut.... Ding Dang... you don't have to tell everyone did ya??

I mean... you know I ask a lot of questions but I think you are exaggerating. I never said you were THAT SHORT.. Besides... that HUGE trike makes you look at least an inch taller. :D:D:D

j/k.. see you guys at the Rally