need help building a v6 trike

Aug 19, 2010
st james mo
I need to know,what front wheel drive car can I convert over to a carburator and distributor and get rid of the brain and stuff HELP!:Shrug:

The only ones I can think of are some early 80's cars like the Chevy Citation and Dodge 3.0 engined cars. Almost all modern FWD cars are injected and distributor-less. Not easily or cheaply converted.

Working with fuel injection and the associated electronics is not as difficult as you would think. All of the information you would need on a particular car is available on the internet. You can work wonders with a Haynes manual and Google.

I would recommend a GM 3.8 V6 "Corporate" engine. Dependable, powerful and plentiful.
Stay away from the Ford Taurus stuff, transmissions were junk. If you can buy the entire car, you get everything you need to make it run. In my opinion, this is the only way to go. Just too costly to piece everything together from a junkyard.

Stick with the factory stuff and in the end you will have a better running more economical ride.

I built a couple V6 trikes, one using the front end from a Chevy Citation, the other a Fiero rear end. They both use the same suspension parts, transaxles, etc. I used a 2.8 "Z" code engine from the Citation X11, and they ran great. Both were carburated, no computers or fuel injection.
newzw01_detail.jpg
prpljesus_detail.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png