Rear Bumper

BinIdaho

TOI - Idaho
May 19, 2009
Caldwell, Idaho
Ok, I caved and bought the rear bumper for my TG....now the question, will my flag holder that mounts in my hitchdoc receiver clear the bumper? Could someone give me a measurement as to how far out the bumper comes from the frame? (The bumper is paid for, but sitting on the dealer's parts shelf.)

Thanks in advance.

Barbara - I'll be more than happy to provide you some measurements, but can you be more specific about what measurements you need?

With the bumper installed, there is approximately 5/8" gap between the body and the front edge of the bumper tube. From the body to the back edge of the tube, the measurement is approximately two inches.

Hey Barb! C'mon by anytime and we will measure mine and you can see it with your own eyes and compare it to your hitch. Glad to see that you caved on another chunk of chromie goodness!!!

Hey Barb! C'mon by anytime and we will measure mine and you can see it with your own eyes and compare it to your hitch. Glad to see that you caved on another chunk of chromie goodness!!!

It's all your fault Trent (lol)!! The "diamond ice" do-dad for my gas cap is on order.....isn't that what I went to the HD shop for:confused:

From the rear bottom edge of the trunk to my TRAILER HITCH, I have 3" clearance max. Is there enough clearance if I add the bumper?

Barb

These aren't measurements, but pictures often tell more. I realize my Tri is black and yours is red....but it should be close :)..........

clearance.jpg

From the side.....

clearance2.jpg

I was at the dealership today getting some service work done, "thought" about a rear bumper .....

my trike looked at me and said "do you think this bumper will make my butt look big?"
I thought for a minute and since it is very very difficult for me to lie....I said my reply, "your butt is already huge!"
so guess what.....still no bumper!

Thanks Trent for the measurement......I have enough spacing between the rear bumper ordered and the hitch. Whew! Sorry for the dramatics

In my opinion, the rear bumper complements the rear of the trike really well, I just wish there was a black version. Just partial to black. Is there a bracket that can be attached to the bumper to fly a large flag? I don't have a hitch yet but have contemplated getting one.

That does it.....am cancelling the rear bumper.

Have t-shirt that says "Does This Trike Make My Butt Go Fast"!!!

we have every intention of getting a bumper, it is on the list of add ons
just haven't done it yet. The "butt bling" thing was cool though

oh yeah, the trike "will" make your butt go fast

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png