Help on flashing warning

Feb 11, 2012
Parrish, FL
Just finishing up installing a Champion kit on my 07 GL1800 and have found a problem I can't find a answer. I am getting the flashing warning in the display that both the side saddle bags are open. Anyone know where to unplug or cut the wires for these sensors?

Thanks
Ron

Unplug the saddle bag sensors from the harness... make sure the wires are not contacting one another, or going to ground.. If it isn't grounding out, the lights should not be on..

Trikky,

Thanks! I guess they are buried under the trunk so I'll take it loose and look there. I know the color plugs coming from the trunks are blue and red but, I found no matching connector that are exposed.

Just finishing up installing a Champion kit on my 07 GL1800 and have found a problem I can't find a answer. I am getting the flashing warning in the display that both the side saddle bags are open. Anyone know where to unplug or cut the wires for these sensors?

Thanks
Ron

Instead of cutting or unplugging the wires why don't you connect the trunk so you know when it is open. That's what I am going to do with mine, so I tell if we left the trunk open before we start the ride. We have stopped before to be sure we shut the trunk, because either one of us couldn't remember if we had or not. Old age!
Just food for thought!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png