Motor Trike Trunk Light Plug???

Mar 2, 2009
I have a 08 Goldwing with a Motor Trike conversion. I bought the Kuryakyn lighted trunk molding and can not locate the trunk light plug to plug these in. My mechanic that did the conversion has moved out of state and did not want to call Motor Trike until I tried this forum. According to the directions, the plug is behind the license plate panel, but it has obviously been relocated.
Any ideas??

It sounds like you are just installing a LED strip light. For that little amount of amps it really does not matter where you get the power from. If you are not able to locate the plug you can just tap into any wire that is on when the lights are on. like the license plate light, or running lights. Just get a wire tester and start poking wires that are close to where you are running the wire to. It would be an easy splice in, and you can solder it or use crimp connections.<br />
<br />
I started putting in LED's and once you start it is so easy you will not want to stop! I have heard LED's called the rock cocaine of motorcycling!<br />
<br />
Good Luck. Maybe a Winger can give you good advice on the location. Sometimes you need to start pealing back the carpet.

Mattel is right, LED's are the way to go. On my M/T kit, there was no connector for the trunk light, it was just solder spliced and shrink wrapped. Pull the carpet out, and dig around.

Bazooka can tell you for sure, but I found all of mine tucked up under the trunk over the rear-end housing. I went looking for the wires to plug my trailer light connections and took a rear wheel off, looked up over the rear-end, and found all the plugs taped and zip-tied up there. Keep looking, it's there somewhere...;)

Thanks for the info guys. I just tapped into the running lights in the trunk and they work great. I have a feeling there will be many more LEDs added now that I found out how easy it is to do.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png