Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Aug 17, 2011
Up North, USA
I have a "TireGard" TPMS made by Show Chrome. It has two pressure monitors that screw onto the valve stem. I figured knowing the pressure in the front tire and in one rear is better than not knowing any pressures while on the road. However, I've read that people warn against their use with rubber valve stems, the theory being that the centrifugal force of the added stem weight can snap the stems. However, in searching the forums and internets, I can't find any instances where this has actually happened to someone.

Do any of you use a TPMS on your trike? If so, did you install metal valve stems or did you use the stock rubber stems?

My opinion get a good digital air gauge, And get down and dirty and check your tires air the old fashioned way. Then if there's a problem with a tire, cuts bruises, something loose etc, Or a nail that's might go deeper you'll catch it in time.

As Yogi once said; You can observe a lot just by looking.

My opinion get a good digital air gauge, And get down and dirty and check your tires air the old fashioned way. Then if there's a problem with a tire, cuts bruises, something loose etc, Or a nail that's might go deeper you'll catch it in time.

As Yogi once said; You can observe a lot just by looking.
I do that frequently, but I also had a front tire go down at 50 mph. By the time I figured out what was happening, I barely had enough time to stop the bike before crashing. Knowing the real-time tire pressure can give extra seconds to react and respond.

I have the system made for a trike and really like the setup.

However just because I have the system does not mean I ignore my tires.

I clean my trike at min once a week. So while I am down on the ground and cleaning the wheels I inspect the tires.

rubber for now and works fine but may change when I have to change tires. This is the first time I ever riden any kind motorcycle and the first I have own so I just now got 4000 miles on my trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry Martin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry Martin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png