Rear Bumper ?

Aug 9, 2010
chester sc
Im having my first trike built and at the moment have a nerf bumper on the list to be installed.How many of you have these on your trikes and why? Are they useful or just for looks?

I as well have one on my TG and it is a lifesaver. I cannot count how close I have come to backing the bike up into a curb or post and hit the bumper backing up, and at quick glance I would have cracked the fiberglass if the bumper was not there. It is so hard to tell while backing up if the rear would touch anything.

Mine did not have one on it when I got the trike but was of the things I added first. I did it because I park the smart car behind it in the garage and just feared cracking the fiberglass if I pulled up to far.

P.S.

It looks sharp too

In my experience with regards to backing up in parking spots with curbs or other higher objects,put on a trailer hitch. I had this installed for this reason,after 2 years of riding the hitch has saved me from damage before the cosmetic bumper. To me the are good for finishing looks to your trike,and to place extra lights.Many times the bumpers are to high for a curb.It is very easy to misjudge the distance while backing up your trike.I am no expert,just giving you my experience. Good luck in triking,it is the best way to ride.

Im having my first trike built and at the moment have a nerf bumper on the list to be installed.How many of you have these on your trikes and why? Are they useful or just for looks?

I have one on Pearl II. I think to answer your ? both. I like the look and protection. RIDE SAFE

I bought this and hooked it up to the brake light wires for a trailer. I later put brighter leds on it and also a brake flasher. It's saved the back end a few times from high curbs. I bought the black one because it fits the color of the trike but also it scraped, I could paint it rather than have scratched chrome rust. I had to get an adapter because the bumper is 2 inches...but that worked out well so it sticks out the exact amount needed.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PPM6CO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this and hooked it up to the brake light wires for a trailer. I later put brighter leds on it and also a brake flasher. It's saved the back end a few times from high curbs. I bought the black one because it fits the color of the trike but also it scraped, I could paint it rather than have scratched chrome rust. I had to get an adapter because the bumper is 2 inches...but that worked out well so it sticks out the exact amount needed.

Sounds like the 36" could work as a bumper..

Mine did not have one on it when I got the trike but was of the things I added first. I did it because I park the smart car behind it in the garage and just feared cracking the fiberglass if I pulled up to far.

P.S.

It looks sharp too

If your car was all that smart it wouldn't get too close:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I have one on mine because I thought they looked good, I saw one on a TG and like it.
While on Run For The Wall a couple of years some smart a$$ decided it was fun to bump up against the back of my trike. I don't know if he would have done the same thing without the bumper but being the kind of guy he was he probably would have bumped me anyway. I think it was well worth the money.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png