anyone familiar w/comfort max gel pad ???

retdpd

TOI - Michigan
Mar 13, 2008
Eastpointe
Looking at the Ortho Jumbo sheepskin cover Comfort Max gel pad.

I t/t them and they said it would raise the ht about an inch which would be good for me.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

I looked into airhawk but there's a lot of people disatisfied with the quality stated it dry rotted around the valve stem after 2-years once it was out of warranty :Shrug:

I have to agree with Stephen. I had a gel pad not the Ortho)on my Harley years ago. In my opinion it's just ok and a little better then a stock seat, but not for the prices that are being asked. It did sit me up about 1" higher which I didn't like.

I use an Air Hawk seat cushion. It will set you up about an inch, but has air bladders and excellent for long riding. Straps to your seat and made for motorcycle. Can't remember name of manufacturer, but they also make cushions for truckers and taxi drivers.

On long trips I have three types of seats to choose from. I have the stock seat with my sheep skin cover, then I have a piece of 1" foam which I put under the sheep skin to redo the pressure points on our seats. I bought a gel pad at Wally-World and put that under the sheep skin after I remove the foam pad to redo the pressure points on our seat again. They work very well, as you change the pressure points and makes the trip a lot better. We were in the saddle for over 12 hours using the Wally-World gel pads and it worked great for us.
BUT, not everybodies seat is the same, so you have try different ideas till you find the one that fits you best and your mate.
Good luck! ThumbUp

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I bought the new gel pad sheepskin seat from ams, jumbo size and made a huge difference. It also has the memory foam in it. I feel now i can go on a 3 or 400 mile trip and enjoy it.

If they make an air adjustable seat like Harley, I would very much recommend it. You can adjust the pressure points constantly for comfort. I've had one on my last 3 bikes and wouldn't have a bike without one.

We had the Zeppelin seats on the Ultra, and they worked wonderfully. Right after we got the GW1800 trike, we went to B&G Seat Covers in Church Hill, TN, and they installed velour and foam seat covers over our stock seats. Keeps us cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Had bought gel pads at a rally in New Mexico, but they felt hard as a brick by the time we got back to Texas (12 hr ride) so we tossed $200 out the window there.

We had the Zeppelin seats on the Ultra, and they worked wonderfully. Right after we got the GW1800 trike, we went to B&G Seat Covers in Church Hill, TN, and they installed velour and foam seat covers over our stock seats. Keeps us cool in the summer, warm in the winter. Had bought gel pads at a rally in New Mexico, but they felt hard as a brick by the time we got back to Texas (12 hr ride) so we tossed $200 out the window there.

Wow, that's hard on the pocketbook. I think the gel seats cost $12/15 each. I went back to look for one for a friend, but I don't think they have them any more.
At that price, it is good to try and if you don't like them, toss them, but at$200, WOW!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I bought the gel seat with sheepskin and memory foam and it is great ( about $100 American Specialities). Bought it two years ago and still in excellent shape and so is my butt now. I could only do about 45 minutes before getting the pad now I'm good for 4 hours minimum.

Eh Thanks everyone !!!

I just ordered a tan one from JP Cycles. It should work great since my seats are light brown fabric.

:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png