really need help

gsutton

Rider
Dec 21, 2011
calhoun ga usa
i have a friend riding an 09 ultra just converted to a champion trike.ride is unbearable.he has tried air settings from 20 to 60 and it still bottoms out.dealer is top notch and has no answers.my supposition is worn shocks need to be replaced. mileage is less than 30000.any help appreicated.
cant spell all of a sudden

i have a friend riding an 09 ultra just converted to a champion trike.ride is unbearable.he has tried air settings from 20 to 60 and it still bottoms out.dealer is top notch and has no answers.my supposition is worn shocks need to be replaced. mileage is less than 30000.any help appreicated.
cant spell all of a sudden

I suspect if it bottoms out the shock is sitting too low in it's stroke. This is more a function of springs, meaning the spring weight is too light for the sprung weight + rider. The shock could still be worn out as you say but more likely the shock/spring setup is not correct for the job it has to do. :Shrug:

If youv'e gone through all that and it still bottomsout you have a shock problem. 40 k on my Champion/HD conversion solid axle 25 lbs in shocks and no bottom out.

If the shocks have 30,000 miles on them they are worn. Shocks are a slow wear item and not so noticable when going bad. I have replaced shocks on my 2 wheelers at 25,000 and man what a difference it makes. I am not saying that is what it is but I do know that at 30,000 miles the shocks are for sure worn, not so much worn out but definitely worn.
Just my experience,
SR

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png