Bike to Bike communication

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Wife has a 2011 Tri Glide me a 2008 FLHTP. We would like to be able to talk between bikes when needed, without flashing lights or hand signals.

And I'm not sure if i need walkie talkie, CB or some kind of bluetooth. I've done CB and walkie talkie but i don't know jack about bluetooth. That said about Bluetooth, would that count on my cell bill? Thanks....

Wife and I use Sena SMH 10 units. They have about 1/4 to 1/2 mile range, sound great, and can sync with your cell phone or a bluetooth capable MP3 player. I also purchased a Clear Sound stereo bluetooth transmitter (about 80 bucks) and attached it via an adapter to the CB plug on the dash. Now, everything coming out of the stereo is converted to bluetooth, and I can listen via the Sena units. Hint.. IF you decide on these units, get them with the optional mounting bracket. It allows you to use ear buds or headphones instead of the hardwired helmet speakers. I bought a pair of Sony Professional headphones, removed the head gear and mounted them in my 3/4 helmet's ear detents. WOW, the sound is outstanding!

Major advantage of the Sena units over the Scala Rider units is ease of use. Both sound great, the Sena units use 1 large knob to change modes and adjust volume. and 1 button for telephone. The Scala units have 5 buttons. No problem in the summer without gloves, major problem with gloves on, VERY hard to feel the buttons.

Sena SMH10 Stereo Bluetooth Helmet Intercom

Ron mentioned something about us maybe getting something. I told him that he may not want to hear some of the things that I might have to say! :laugh:

Yuuup, I agree with that! The few hundred miles we rode two up on the 2012 Triglide last summer, I didn't like what I heard coming from the back seat..:D

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I had narrowed it down to the Cardo G9 dual set or the Sena SMH10 dual set.
Was leaning toward the Cardo units. Met a couple at a local book store with the Sena units on and they were nice enough to talk to me about them, not saying it swayed me but got my attention.
After pricing both units from a few sources online I gave the local dealer a shot. They do give me a 15% discount after all. His book only listed the Sena units, not the Cardo, they did offer some other brands I had not looked at. I kinda expected this. So I got the one of the two I had knowledge about.
It is back ordered till the 12th of this month (June) from thier supplier. Maybe we'll get lucky and they are here before the end of the week.
I'll report back when we get them and after we've used them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png