air bags??? or coil over shocks

im in the process of building my car-trike (havent come up with a name yet) im going with a 4 point rear suspension similar to a circle track setup just wondering what yalls thaughts on an air bag ride or coil over shocks which would be a better ride.... thanks

We have a 2006 gl1800 trike with independent suspension and have had trouble with the rear tires rubbing on the bumpers when going over bumps in the road. My husband raised the rear but after a long trip it seems to slip and start rubbing again. We've called Champion and are waiting for a reply. Otherwise the ride is comfortable just worrisome that we are harming the tires. Happy riding!

Coil over, is in my opinion, the only option. But spend the money & invest in shocks that offer some degree of adjustment of dampening, at least for rebound.
Stock shocks verses good after market units are like chalk & cheese if you understand what I mean.

I would personaly prefer an air bag system as long as you include some type of rebound system as well. Such as useing shocks, without the coils, or going to an air shock that has coil overs. You get the convenience of adjustability for weight and ride comfort, with out the pogo effect of using air bags alone.

I'm very happy with the air bags I have on the Shadow since I have an onboard compressor which allows me to increase/decrease air pressure depending on the weight on the trike at any particular time.

Only "dis" I have is that some times I forget to adjust the air pressure until I hit that "first bump in the road" that serves as a reminder.

Calman

I'm still running the stock air shocks on my Ultra with the Champion kit. I run 35 lbs in them riding two up and that, coupled with about 20 lbs in the rear tires, is a better ride than I had on two wheels.

I've installed the Legend Air Ride Suspension on my 07 Ultra - Lehman trike.
System includes air compressor, solenoid vent valve, fairing mounted air pressure gauge (in place of air temp gauge), and handle bar mounted control switch, so that you can adjust the air pressure on the fly.

This system gives me a much better ride than the stock HD air-over rear shocks. I run 35 PSI solo / 40 PSI 2-UP with 18PSI in the 225/60R16 rear tires for the best ride.

Hepengr :DView attachment 1062

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png