Another New Tri-Glider First Impressions

Ours (my back seat commander’s and mine) just celebrated its 1 week anniversary. We live in the Pacific Northwest and have had unseasonably great weather since our Trike was delivered, and so far have put 260 miles on it. Others have made comments on first impressions, so rather than repeat, I’ll add the following:

- Turning without counter steering does take some time to get used to. Some have observed the steering is heavy…but I think it is appropriate and manageable. Any lighter and I would be afraid of it being too twitchy.

- My previous ride had a lot less low end torque. It took a while to learn not to come off the clutch on the TG too quick in tight turns as it picked enough weight off the front tire and we would head straight…until the back seat commander made some noise.

- I read where some folks have put less than the recommended F:36; R:26 air. So, at first I was running F:30; R:24. It rode nice and smooth with the lower pressure, but the consensus seems to be spec so that is what I now have…and it does ride rougher.

- 40 pounds in the air suspension, and we have not yet bottomed out with me and my back seat commander’s combined weight of about 350 pounds.

- We have the dual HD-BOOM headsets. One was bad, or maybe I broke the wires installing it. So, after getting the replacement, and Gorilla gluing the rear outlet in place, and overcoming user errors (RTFM!!)…they are working great!

Even with the VOX set mid way, it always activates when we talk, and only false activates for a short period when I really get on the throttle.

But, I still have stock exhaust for now.

- Yep…it gets toasty in my crotch when air temp is in the 80s and we are sitting for a while. But, it is not unacceptable.

This is our trike so far:

- Ember Red Sunglo/Merlot…man is this a neat color in the sun!!

- Driver seat back

- Chrome Rear Fender Trim

- Mini Beast Air Horn. If they don’t see us, they hear us.

- Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S rear tires

In another thread I mentioned my concern with the standard Dunlops. So, this is what I am running. I cannot compare to the Dunlops but the Michelins run nice and true even on grooved and scalloped highways.

On order or just not installed yet:

- Color Matched Tour Pak Spoiler with LED running/brake light bar

- Rear lower chrome fascia trim with LED running/brake light bar

- Signal Dynamics Back off Brake Light flasher—for use on the above 2 LED bars

Note: I was just rear ended in my “cage”…and want other cagers to see me when I am stopped.

- 3M paint protector kit

- Kuryakyn Rear Fender Mud Flaps

Sorry for the long post. I’ll post pics when I get more of the above stuff installed.

Ours (my back seat commander’s and mine) just celebrated its 1 week anniversary. We live in the Pacific Northwest and have had unseasonably great weather since our Trike was delivered, and so far have put 260 miles on it. Others have made comments on first impressions, so rather than repeat, I’ll add the following:

- Turning without counter steering does take some time to get used to. Some have observed the steering is heavy…but I think it is appropriate and manageable. Any lighter and I would be afraid of it being too twitchy.

- My previous ride had a lot less low end torque. It took a while to learn not to come off the clutch on the TG too quick in tight turns as it picked enough weight off the front tire and we would head straight…until the back seat commander made some noise.- I read where some folks have put less than the recommended F:36; R:26 air. So, at first I was running F:30; R:24. It rode nice and smooth with the lower pressure, but the consensus seems to be spec so that is what I now have…and it does ride rougher.

- 40 pounds in the air suspension, and we have not yet bottomed out with me and my back seat commander’s combined weight of about 350 pounds.

- We have the dual HD-BOOM headsets. One was bad, or maybe I broke the wires installing it. So, after getting the replacement, and Gorilla gluing the rear outlet in place, and overcoming user errors (RTFM!!)…they are working great!

Even with the VOX set mid way, it always activates when we talk, and only false activates for a short period when I really get on the throttle.

But, I still have stock exhaust for now.

- Yep…it gets toasty in my crotch when air temp is in the 80s and we are sitting for a while. But, it is not unacceptable.

This is our trike so far:

- Ember Red Sunglo/Merlot…man is this a neat color in the sun!!

- Driver seat back

- Chrome Rear Fender Trim

- Mini Beast Air Horn. If they don’t see us, they hear us.

- Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S rear tires

In another thread I mentioned my concern with the standard Dunlops. So, this is what I am running.

I cannot compare to the Dunlops but the Michelins run nice and true even on grooved and scalloped highways.

On order or just not installed yet:

- Color Matched Tour Pak Spoiler with LED running/brake light bar

- Rear lower chrome fascia trim with LED running/brake light bar

- Signal Dynamics Back off Brake Light flasher—for use on the above 2 LED bars

Note: I was just rear ended in my “cage”…and want other cagers to see me when I am stopped.

- 3M paint protector kit

- Kuryakyn Rear Fender Mud Flaps

Sorry for the long post. I’ll post pics when I get more of the above stuff installed.

I don't know if this will make any difference for you or not, but I do not have a large amount of grip in my hands, so when I take off in turns, I change to second gear very quickly so I can us both hands to make my turn.

You need very minimal speed to go into second gear and it sure makes it an easier maneuver.

I don't know if this will make any difference for you or not, but I do not have a large amount of grip in my hands, so when I take off in turns, I change to second gear very quickly so I can us both hands to make my turn. You need very minimal speed to go into second gear and it sure makes it an easier maneuver.

VERY well put and some of the best advice I've heard!

I have finally discovered this on my own after about 500 miles but I wish I would have known about it sooner.

This technique is so helpful it ought to be a sticky!

I've been doing that for months now - very true. A couple times I didn't get into 2nd fast enough and I laid a bunch of rubber down along with the beautiful sound that makes. Heads do turn! :D

Welcome to the forum. Yes my first attempts at making turns in first gear resulted in the front wheel clearing the pavement, then trike going straight with front wheel up and my passenger screaming and beating me about the shoulders... :)

For the rough ride I would try less than 40 lbs in the shocks. I run 32 and never bottom out. My wife and I are at about 400 lbs (mostly me) and the Lehman is about twice as heavy as the Triglide, so you should be able to run lower pressure. Mine is an 05 Ultra and they may have changed the shocks so maybe not comparing apples to apples.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png