question about pingle shifter

Dec 7, 2008
lebanon,ct.
Hi I have a 1989 gl1500 trike and would like to know if anyone has or tried this shifter.

I am 66 years old and have been riding on and off for 50 years. Am getting back to it now that I have time but am finding it hard to shift right. Have arthrightis in hands and knees Thanks Bob W.

I have never heard of that brand. there are pother shifters that shift with out the clutch . I do not know how they work

If I remember correctly, one of our members has that brand? I think it is Grimm. He has a lot of mods on his bike.

thanks I have called kliktronic and am trying to figure out how hard install will be thanks to everyone for help

I have a Pingle shifter on my GL1800 CSC Trike. I don't have the use of my left leg and the Pingle has made it possible for me to ride again. Other than getting it adjusted vertically on the initial installation it's worked flawlessly. I lube the shaft with Teflon trailer ball lube periodically and have had no problems. When I installed it initially it didn't want to go into second gear but by lifting up the cylinder about 1/8" it's worked great. I searched the web and found it for under $800. I also looked into Kliktronic but found some owners were having problems with those. You're welcome to PM me should you need any further information. I installed it myself.

Hello Bobw , I see you have been a member since 2008 but this is only your second post. Not the talkative type are you. Well, That type of shifter I am not familiar with but there has been discussion on here before so hopefully you will be able to find the information in the archives.

Hi Bob and welcome to TT. I happen to know Gail Dewitt and she imports a fine unit. Pingle has been around for a long time and they continue to work to improve their product. Good luck with your choice and keep us posted as to your progress.

Come on people, Bobw made only 2 post, MORE THAN 4 1/2 YEARS AGO and than for SOME UNKNOWN REASON someone decides to drag up these 2 4 1/2 YEAR OLD POSTS and now others are replying to these 2 4 1/2 YEAR OLD POSTS, I just don't think Bobw will see or read any of this!!!
I MAY BE WRONG, BUT I DON'T THINK SO.

I have a stiff lt. leg and cannot reach the shifter on my gold wings. I have been using the same klicktronic since 2000. I started with a 1500 two wheeler and then had it converted to three wheels. Put the shifter on my 1800 in 2005, still using it on my 2010 with Motor Trike conversion with 41000 miles on it. Had the shifter go out about two years ago. I contacted the manufacture in England and He sent me a new one at no charge. That was great since mine was 10 years old. I did e-mail him quite often about the problem. and we tried different things before he sent a replacement. If it were not for the shifter I would be sitting at home.

i got one

Hi I have a 1989 gl1500 trike and would like to know if anyone has or tried this shifter.

I am 66 years old and have been riding on and off for 50 years. Am getting back to it now that I have time but am finding it hard to shift right. Have arthrightis in hands and knees Thanks Bob W.

had trouble with it at first .got it fix and it like it

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png