CSC Driveshaft

Nov 29, 2011
Delbarton,WV,USA
I done the Blue Ridge from end to end this past weekend.I got home and decided to clean and lube-up the ole drive shaft.I called California side car cause I thought I found a problem.Come to find out ,I had no problem.Talked to a nice gentleman and he informed me that CSC was replacing the driveshafts at their expense up to September of 2012.If you have problems after that,its your expense.So, I made a July appointment.By the way..I ride a 2005 Goldwing with a 2007 CSC kit that has been trouble free...so far.Just thought I would share the news...Have a nice day.

I called California side car cause I thought I found a problem.Come to find out ,I had no problem.

I have an 05 CSC with the angle driveshaft. What problem did you think you had ?

Talked to a nice gentleman and he informed me that CSC was replacing the driveshafts at their expense up to September of 2012.If you have problems after that,its your expense.

Are they replacing ALL driveshafts ? Or just the ones that have the straight shaft & gearbox ?

Team 5150
Tom, I have an 06 with the angled shaft and when I spoke to CSC last winter I was told it only affected the ones sold mid year 2007 and later with the new style driveshaft.

I have had zero problems with mine and I keep the Repezza joint lubed and installed a new U joint last year just to be on the safe side.

I have an 05 CSC with the angle driveshaft. What problem did you think you had ?

Are they replacing ALL driveshafts ? Or just the ones that have the straight shaft & gearbox ?

When I got under the trike there was wet grease...not oil...but grease all over the rear end where the drive shaft couples into the rear end.After a long inspection it appears that the moly grease that I use was coming out of the rear part of the drive shaft where the angle shaft couples together and was splashing on the rear end.I guess it was a little over kill on the moly on my part.Also,CSC is replacing the angled shafts.I guess I should have been a little more clear on that.I have put around 24000 miles on my trike and have never had a problem.This is the second time I have lubed the shaft.

I guess it was a little over kill on the moly on my part.Also,CSC is replacing the angled shafts.I guess I should have been a little more clear on that.

Did you use RTV on the outside lip of the Repezza joint where the bolts go through to seal the grease in the joint ?

Why are they replacing the angled shafts ?

Did you use RTV on the outside lip of the Repezza joint where the bolts go through to seal the grease in the joint ?

Why are they replacing the angled shafts ?

I do not have the Repezza joint.It is spring loaded with a 4 inch spring on the rear of the shaft.You just pull the end of the shaft back and it pops in to place.It also has 3 bolts on rear.CSC told me that the 2 piece shafts,which mine has,moves around alot and it wears the splines out.So they have come up with a solid shaft..

So yours does not look like this.

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png