New lights added

How weather proof are the housing?

What lumen/candlepower are they?

LED?

I like the idea and considered doing almost the same thing, but was told by local PD that added lights had to be very low output for street use. They even have light meters in some of the Sgt's cars to measure suspected offenders.

doug

Much better. They look awesome and blue adds to your trike. I can't see how lights that low could be a problem for other drivers, other than making you more visible. They look very nice..

Much better. They look awesome and blue adds to your trike. I can't see how lights that low could be a problem for other drivers, other than making you more visible. They look very nice..

I believe Guido is talking about wattage not height, also may check with local laws about having blue light in front. Here it's against the law to have blue lights in front of private vehicle cause the police, fire, ambulance and voluntaries use the blue light.
Butch

I believe Guido is talking about wattage not height, also may check with local laws about having blue light in front. Here it's against the law to have blue lights in front of private vehicle cause the police, fire, ambulance and voluntaries use the blue light.
Butch

I just checked and they are illegal in Tennessee also.

Annete is right, totally illegal in Tennessee to have blue lights facing the front of a vehicle. Years ago we used to write state citations (heavier violation) and then make the driver take the little blue lights they would put in the windshield washer thingy.

Karen

I agree. In automotive use the additional lights have to be less than 2 feet off the ground if you are going to use them while driving. I think those are about 9 inches off the ground... looks cool and will be ok with johnny law ThumbUp

Yes they are legal checked by PD friend.

9.5 " so you are close,lol.

And lights are 55 watt driving lights from Pilot.

Have them angled alittle toward side of road,gives me alot more light for the edge of roadside.

kanetruck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png